Talk

Advanced search

really feeling for stacey at the moment

(21 Posts)
ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:01:41

anyone watching EE

Buntytea Fri 09-Oct-09 20:05:45

Yes it's quite painful to watch isn't it, but I'm pleased it is an issue they are covering

FABIsInTraining Fri 09-Oct-09 20:07:07

I'm watching it.

Shut up Ronnie. It is Stacey we want to see and the back of Syd with Bradley staying.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:14:48

bless her, I hope when they section her they do it gently sad

Buntytea Fri 09-Oct-09 20:19:22

I know, my cousin was almost sectioned earlier in the year. I think there is still such a stigma around mental illness so that's why I was sort of pleased to see them tackling the issue in some way

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Fri 09-Oct-09 20:24:35

Poor Stacey sad

mananny Fri 09-Oct-09 20:26:01

It's so sad, and she is an amazing actress

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:27:01

who are the people on the sofa?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:28:22

OMG I am sat here in tears

FABIsInTraining Fri 09-Oct-09 20:28:53

You are right, mananny. I am very proud of her. I know it isn't real but she is portraying it so so well. She can't be very old in rl either.

saltyseadog Fri 09-Oct-09 20:30:04

I'm in tears too. Very glad that it's a subject that they're covering (and doing it well).

mananny Fri 09-Oct-09 20:31:06

I think she is incredible to have done that whole scene so convincingly and so emotionally... am also in tears here

BloodshotEyeballs Fri 09-Oct-09 20:32:25

It's awful, happened to my SIL and the family were going through the height of it when I met DH. Because I was an outsider then they kept it from me and it's only seeing this gives me an idea of how awful it is. DH won't watch it.

Medication is a wonderful thing though, SIL is fine and dandy after a hellish time. Also cried my eyes out watching EE tonight.

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 09-Oct-09 20:32:32

I started another thread about this

but oh my fucking good god that poor girl

heart wrenching made me sob

Arsed Fri 09-Oct-09 20:33:02

oo i just posted this too ( that'll teach me for not looking)

Its been so well acted. It had me in tears too.

Beauregard Fri 09-Oct-09 20:33:05

Very convincing
My sister was sectioned a few times when she was alive and i am very glad my parents hate eastenders as it is too close to home

saltyseadog Fri 09-Oct-09 20:37:05

My mother was sectioned several times when I was small. Even though I can't remember it I found watching EE tonight gut wrenching as it gave me a view of what my family, and she, went through.

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 20:37:05

I found it hard to watch as my neighbour has been sectioned 3 times and it is something I will never forget.

I think it was quite accurate though other than that I thought they normally take the patient away in an ambulance.

tiredemma Fri 09-Oct-09 21:38:46

I cried.

For once they actually portrayed something quite acurately.

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Fri 09-Oct-09 21:43:06

Don't know why I watched it, that was me a few months ago. Superb acting, but I need to go wash my head out.

Medication is a truly wonderful thing, though.

madusa Sun 11-Oct-09 15:48:20

the police took away my family member in a big van (i think normally used for drunks etc) and it was horrific. Having a family member sectioned is one of the worst things a family can go through

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: