Talk

Advanced search

really feeling for stacey at the moment

(21 Posts)
ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:01:41

anyone watching EE

Buntytea Fri 09-Oct-09 20:05:45

Yes it's quite painful to watch isn't it, but I'm pleased it is an issue they are covering

FABIsInTraining Fri 09-Oct-09 20:07:07

I'm watching it.

Shut up Ronnie. It is Stacey we want to see and the back of Syd with Bradley staying.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:14:48

bless her, I hope when they section her they do it gently sad

Buntytea Fri 09-Oct-09 20:19:22

I know, my cousin was almost sectioned earlier in the year. I think there is still such a stigma around mental illness so that's why I was sort of pleased to see them tackling the issue in some way

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Fri 09-Oct-09 20:24:35

Poor Stacey sad

mananny Fri 09-Oct-09 20:26:01

It's so sad, and she is an amazing actress

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:27:01

who are the people on the sofa?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 09-Oct-09 20:28:22

OMG I am sat here in tears

FABIsInTraining Fri 09-Oct-09 20:28:53

You are right, mananny. I am very proud of her. I know it isn't real but she is portraying it so so well. She can't be very old in rl either.

saltyseadog Fri 09-Oct-09 20:30:04

I'm in tears too. Very glad that it's a subject that they're covering (and doing it well).

mananny Fri 09-Oct-09 20:31:06

I think she is incredible to have done that whole scene so convincingly and so emotionally... am also in tears here

BloodshotEyeballs Fri 09-Oct-09 20:32:25

It's awful, happened to my SIL and the family were going through the height of it when I met DH. Because I was an outsider then they kept it from me and it's only seeing this gives me an idea of how awful it is. DH won't watch it.

Medication is a wonderful thing though, SIL is fine and dandy after a hellish time. Also cried my eyes out watching EE tonight.

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 09-Oct-09 20:32:32

I started another thread about this

but oh my fucking good god that poor girl

heart wrenching made me sob

Arsed Fri 09-Oct-09 20:33:02

oo i just posted this too ( that'll teach me for not looking)

Its been so well acted. It had me in tears too.

Beauregard Fri 09-Oct-09 20:33:05

Very convincing
My sister was sectioned a few times when she was alive and i am very glad my parents hate eastenders as it is too close to home

saltyseadog Fri 09-Oct-09 20:37:05

My mother was sectioned several times when I was small. Even though I can't remember it I found watching EE tonight gut wrenching as it gave me a view of what my family, and she, went through.

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 20:37:05

I found it hard to watch as my neighbour has been sectioned 3 times and it is something I will never forget.

I think it was quite accurate though other than that I thought they normally take the patient away in an ambulance.

tiredemma Fri 09-Oct-09 21:38:46

I cried.

For once they actually portrayed something quite acurately.

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Fri 09-Oct-09 21:43:06

Don't know why I watched it, that was me a few months ago. Superb acting, but I need to go wash my head out.

Medication is a truly wonderful thing, though.

madusa Sun 11-Oct-09 15:48:20

the police took away my family member in a big van (i think normally used for drunks etc) and it was horrific. Having a family member sectioned is one of the worst things a family can go through

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now