Talk

Advanced search

did anyone watch the clive sinclair programme, micro men

(11 Posts)
southeastastra Fri 09-Oct-09 11:29:22

was so funny! loved mark gatiss as clive, very scary fellow

bea Fri 09-Oct-09 12:14:31

oh yes! thought it was very funny... it spoke to the inner geek in me!

dh was reminscing fondly as he had a zx spectrum... what did we do with computers before windows???? games???... and i remember being able to make my name run up and down on my amstrad cpc(or whatever it was)... very sophistcated... i even tried to learn BASIC... but didn't get very far!!!!grin

we used to load a game go down for tea run back up (expecting manic miner or roland on the ropes) to be all loaded only to be confronted with an error message angry... highly frustrating... ahhh! i can hear that tape squeal now!!!! grin ... am i showing my age!? blush

PuppyMonkey Fri 09-Oct-09 12:16:29

Wasn't it Alexander Armstrong as Clive??

southeastastra Fri 09-Oct-09 12:19:06

oops yes got them mixed up grin

Kathyis12feethighandbites Fri 09-Oct-09 12:45:20

We had a BBC model B. Watched it with dh, who had a ZX Spectrum (ner ner) and my dad who was setting up a technology company at much the same time and kept getting cross at the references to Sinclair constantly getting another million of public money when he had to get by on a £15k bank loan.
Love the fact that the fight in the pub actually happened!

PuppyMonkey Fri 09-Oct-09 12:45:44

grin Isn't Mark gatis the big fella from the Natwest adverts...?

Kathyis12feethighandbites Fri 09-Oct-09 12:47:25

I wonder if Alexander Armstrong has nerdy interests? Just found out today that Ben Miller (the other half of Armstrong and Miller) started a Physics PhD at Cambridge so perhaps they were both geeks together once?

southeastastra Fri 09-Oct-09 15:28:45

mark g was in league of gentlemen, no wonder i couldn't find any reference to this series when i googled his name grin.

was very interesting how all the companies competed together, wonder what american companies were around at the same time.

alan sugar looked about 12! also loved the ending with the microsoft lorries overtaking him in his little c5.

bea Fri 09-Oct-09 17:26:46

talking to computer boffin dh... in america at the time... the main competitor was Atari...

southeastastra Fri 09-Oct-09 19:04:14

oh really that's interesting, thought they just made game consoles.

glasjam Fri 09-Oct-09 20:04:32

Yes it was brilliantly watchable. I'm not a geek so the fact that it was entertaining despite the subject matter and techy dialogue is a testament to some fantastic acting and writing. Alexander Armstrong does uptight very, very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now