Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone watching Location Location?

(13 Posts)
Sunshinemummified Thu 08-Oct-09 20:57:57

My friend is on there. Have only just turned on but have Sky+. How did Andrew and Emma come across?

tulpe Thu 08-Oct-09 23:47:45

Am useless with names. Were they the couple looking in South Bucks? Or the others looking in North Bucks.

If North Bucks, they were very straightforward and said all the right things.

If South Bucks. Was envy of their budget but they were twonks, imo.......and Phil, it would seem, would be inclined to agree My favourite quote being:

Right house, wrong plot
Wrong house, right plot
If they don't like the next one I'll lose the plot

Sunshinemummified Fri 09-Oct-09 10:16:02

They were the couple who didn't buy in the end but rented in the village Phil & Kirstie had found for them. Is that the twonks?

SausageRocket Fri 09-Oct-09 10:32:42

No, they were the nice ones buying north bucks. the other couple were Irish.

It seems such a shame that they didn't buy that beautiful cottage they had the superlow offer accepted on. I know he said he got a bit windy re the market as they got nearer to exchange, but I can't help feeling that they still would have been better off buying than sitting in rented paying 'dead' money. Especially given that the market is showing small signs of recovery now.

The Irish couple were being v fussy about the garden, they saw a lovely character house in budget (just about) and in a lovely area but said the garden was too small yet they ended up buying a not as pretty house on a still small plot. She said she wanted a 'football garden' for their 2 boys but the house they bought had a landscaped garden full off pergolas and whatnot, not a practical garden for kicking a ball around in which was their number 1 priority.

SausageRocket Fri 09-Oct-09 10:35:05

Mr Twonk said "I love it but if I was being really difficult..." (about to voice a petty niggle)

Phil - cuts him off with "Well, don't be difficult. I don't want you to be difficult" in a cross voice.

I lol <snurk> at that

squeaver Fri 09-Oct-09 10:35:56

Yes Phil was overly patient really.

Your mates came across well but agree with sausage - they should have just gone ahead with that house.

Sunshinemummified Fri 09-Oct-09 10:39:25

I thought at the time they were crackers not to buy the house. They loved it, Emma especially. I'm not sure if it's paid off for them or not. We bought around the same time and our place seems to have held it's value and even be picking up now.

NoseyNooNoo Fri 09-Oct-09 10:42:39

I thought the 'nice' couple were twonks too to be honest. They rejected a lovely house because it was a whole 16 miles from her mum. What is wrong with people that they can't cut those apron strings? They then got the colly-wobbles and pulled out so that their vendors, who had accepted their lower offer against someone-elses higher offer, probably lost the house they were buying. I would also wager that the £15k that they 'found' was from the Bank of Mummy and Daddy.

The Irish couple were too awful though, with no taste.

lilysam Fri 09-Oct-09 10:45:23

The house they rented looked absolutely gorgeous though. Would love to live there!!!!

(Totally agree about the other couple buying a not as nice house with a useless over designed garden, instead of fab house 1 with huge, great exploring and bashing a ball about garden!)

And - well done Phil for his comments too

SausageRocket Fri 09-Oct-09 10:47:21

I thought the location thing of 16.5 miles from her parents was a bit of a PITA too but then if Emma (Mrs Nice) wants to have the grandparents involved on a day to day basis I can see that actually 16.5 miles is a reasonably long way. Perhaps her mum doesn't drive ? Rural areas aren't exactly renowned for their public transport.

What about when the children are school aged, perhaps Mrs Nice would like the GP's to pick the children up from school to enable her to work etc. A 30 mile round trip (just for pick up) every day seems excessive to me.

tulpe Fri 09-Oct-09 15:00:01

I know the areas very well where Mr & Mrs Nice were looking. Oving is a gorgeous, chocolate box village (as are most of the villages in that area). We are probably talking 45 mins or less from grandparents in that location. It certainly wouldn't put me off buying such a perfect house.

Oh and as for the South Bucks Twonks......I thought it was a shame that Kirstie had to be ill. She would have sorted them out good n proper

spokette Fri 09-Oct-09 22:56:26

Both couples were twonks.

carrotsandpeasifyouplease Sun 11-Oct-09 16:41:06

I was cringing at the irish couple saying that they wouldnt do a thing to the house they bought, the fittings were cheap and the decor extremely twee (IMO), and they ended up with a smaller garden after all that!

Really sad that the nice couple didnt get the house, I bet there were a few arguments before that decision was made. 16 miles is a long way in the country if you need hands on help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now