Talk

Advanced search

I can cook?

(6 Posts)
wheresclaire Thu 08-Oct-09 20:46:45

Really? What on earth is this pile of poo? Her bloody fake laugh all the way through is doing my head in. Why do we need two cookery programmes? She made Corgette muffins on Monday. Vegetables in cakes whatever next! Of course, DD loves this and thinks Katie is lovely. Shes about as lovely as Cerrie and Alex I tell you.

Why do we need a cookery programme in which children prepare food (as opposed to "get your grown-up helper to do this bit... and this bit... and this bit") that is reasonably tasty (as opposed to farting around balancing raisins on top of boiled eggs or whatever the conceit of the week is) and prepared in sensible quantities (as opposed to serving Snow White seven identical full-sized pies as her only meal)?

I can't imagine...

And her fake laugh is significantly more convincing than saying "Ho ho ho" and thinking that constitutes a laugh, as some Cbeebies cookery presenters that I could name do.

lisasimpson Thu 08-Oct-09 22:15:04

yes I did laugh at the courgette muffins! but it is slightly better than the odd conconctions that BCLC serve up

FrightNightFebes Thu 08-Oct-09 22:18:28

Courgette muffins are gorgeous

Courgette muffins are nice. Carrot cake, after all, is hardly the stuff of weirdo extremist hippy cooks, and there's not a huge step between the two.

Of course, she followed it up with recipes for cheesecake and pasta bake. Clearly she is totally off her rocker in terms of sensible recipes.

wheresclaire Thu 08-Oct-09 23:05:30

Big and Little cook are comedy genious! Nobody pays attention to the food they cook!
I worry about the little ones on I CAN COOK who look a little nervous when their concoction doesn't look quite right. A little girl today just couldn't snap her spaghetti, kept looking round for help...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now