Talk

Advanced search

House MD :D

(32 Posts)
ErikaMaye Sun 04-Oct-09 23:08:43

Did anyone catch the first episode of the new series tonight? It was fab!! * dances *

MrsBrendanCole Mon 05-Oct-09 10:46:59

Me - i loved it too!

ElectricElephant Mon 05-Oct-09 10:47:27

gutted that it's on Sky angry

morningpaper Mon 05-Oct-09 10:49:20

I saw this

It pissed me off!

Are there really "asylums" in America with padded rooms?! REALLY? They don't exist any more, surely? It's like a Victorian novel. And there aren't attractive female psych doctors wearing skirts in psychiatric hospitals. No really, there aren't. Or wildly attractive and coherent inpatients TBH. So I was sitting there objecting every two minutes and really annoying DH ...

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 10:52:49

Well House's behaviour amused me greatly, because it reminded me of someone I was in the physc unit with grin And we were all wildly attractive.

Seriously though, its meant to be inaccuret. They did a behind the scenes kind of thing and said on it that they had delibrately set it "old school" so that it filmed better and didn't offend anyone.

morningpaper Mon 05-Oct-09 10:55:33

You were not wildly attractive, I don't believe it for a minute grin

I guess it pisses me off that mental health 'rehab' can't be portrayed more sympathetically or realistically - particularly as House would have LOTS of cash to buy himself a nice posh psych. hospital....

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:02:21

Oh I was, am still am - stretch marks and saggy boobs are the In Thing grin Okay okay, so we all dressed nicely for the first two days, then discovered we could in fact stay in our slippers all day blush

Yeah, it does annoy me too, but I think because this one was so obviously fake, it didn't bother me. The building they used was an old asylum, though, that's why they filmed it there.

Do you work in mental health or something?

I mean, my unit was actually lovely! It was bright and colourful, there were lots of squishy sofas, a Wii, a table tennis court (which admittedly, we weren't allowed bats for sometimes hehe) and a mini organ...

morningpaper Mon 05-Oct-09 11:05:32

Hehe @ the no-bats rule

I have worked in mental health and been a service user

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:06:42

Sorry that was really nosey of me, wasn't it? blush

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 05-Oct-09 11:07:57

Just gaze at the man, MP, and suspend disbelief about the rest of it.

Worked for me!

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:08:54

grin Not just me who harbours a secret crush on him then??

morningpaper Mon 05-Oct-09 11:10:22

I didn't mind your questions at all! grin

Yes I do have a picture of him above my desk blush

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 05-Oct-09 11:10:33

Nothing secret about mine!

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:11:34

Oh thank goodness, my mother thinks I'm insane blush I hope he has a calander out this year... * drools *

morningpaper Mon 05-Oct-09 11:12:54

ooh that is something for my christmas list

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:17:50

I'd like to add him to my Christmas list. Am very tempted to burst into a rendition of "Santa Baby" right now grin

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 05-Oct-09 11:18:52

I'm drooling at liking the new hard man image ...

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:20:21

Mmmmm...

Oh I can't wait to see it. I may have to wait for the DVD set though...

<<drools at the thought of a House calendar>>

Dh thinks they are always a bit beyond reality. But that is the point surely? grin

I work in mental health too... do you think there is a connection?

<<rushes out to buy a mini skirt>>

<<swoon>> @ house through the whole series, pay no attention to what is going on whatsoever.

Have realised that through squinty eyes, now dp is knocking on a bit he is starting to look a lot like Hugh Lauriegrin.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 05-Oct-09 11:25:03

Where do you live, WTWTW?

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 05-Oct-09 11:28:42

Here you go!

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:28:58

WTWTW you MUST share him!!! grin

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:29:51

AHHHH!!!! Well done, BIWI!!!! grin Out of stock though

No, he is mine all minegringrin.

Love the calender, may need one of those.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now