Talk

Advanced search

The Bill - should surely be renamed "Sunhill CID"?

(12 Posts)
Saltire Sat 03-Oct-09 17:24:50

I used to like this but since they changed to the once a week, later format, it seems to be episodes full of CID, or more specifically, DS Carter, and DC Banks. No Smithy sad

Maggie34Behave Sat 03-Oct-09 17:26:17

i used to love the bill when you could watch one, miss a few.

It requires a serious level of commitment now!! you have to watch it every episode and you can't chat or miss the first minute while you're making a cup of tea!!

It's beyond me now.

Ledodgy Sat 03-Oct-09 17:27:03

Is Reg still there? I haven't watched it for years.

Saltire Sat 03-Oct-09 17:30:02

No Reg left, I think (and could be wrong) the acotr who played him had some health issues which resulted in him getting pyschiatric help and left The BIll

Maggie34Behave Sat 03-Oct-09 17:31:34

he is joan collins son in law I think!

Saltire Sat 03-Oct-09 17:38:01

He used to be, not sure if he still is.
Tony Stamp is leaving soon too. I don't like the new format if we are only going to be seeing CID all teh time and like Maggie says, if you miss the first few minutes then you lose the whole plot

Saltire Sat 03-Oct-09 20:07:53

Just checked on goolge and he lives with his girlfriend apparently. He slit his wirsts in his dressing room on The Bill set after being told his contract wasn't being renewed

Ledodgy Sat 03-Oct-09 20:57:15

shock

FoJo Sun 04-Oct-09 22:12:38

We dont like it either. Saw Tony Stamp on hole in the wall on saturday blush and wondered if he;d actually been written out yet as we hadnt seen him for ages. Presume theyll have to bring him back into it to write him out?

deaddei Mon 05-Oct-09 15:13:22

As long as they don't get rid of Jack Meadows......blush

Hulababy Mon 05-Oct-09 15:17:28

We saw it for first time n ages last week and commented on this.

Reckon it is trying to be like all the CSI type programmes. CSI Sunhill and all that.

Saltire Mon 05-Oct-09 15:18:31

I want to see more Smithy!blush. I might have to stop watching it actually if it doesn't get better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now