Talk

Advanced search

Masterchef - better without John?

(151 Posts)
Applesgalore Fri 02-Oct-09 20:08:51

I'm loving Monica and Michel, so much more refined, knowledgeable and watchable. Trouble is they just make Greg look even more crass. Monica's facial expressions are just brilliant. Make her the new regular judge I say!

Lilyloooohhhh Fri 02-Oct-09 20:09:48

What happened to John ?

Wilts Fri 02-Oct-09 20:10:20

Why is John not in it this time round?

Dh and I were laughing at Monica and her funny faces the other day grin

ScaryFucker Fri 02-Oct-09 20:10:55

Oh, I loooooove Masterchef

I am addicted, and I don't even cook

I love the dramatic music and pregnant pauses grin

NormaJeanAteMyHamster Fri 02-Oct-09 20:11:18

Greg just parrots what Michel says in a crappier way. It's embarrassing. Still he is appparently a complete tool in real life so I don't care <evil grin>

pointydoug Fri 02-Oct-09 20:19:55

I preferred John. Michel is scrawny and I don't like scrawny men.

Totode seems very rugged in comparison.

MarshaBrady Fri 02-Oct-09 20:24:44

Not keen on Michel - a bit too prim for me.

Can't remember who John is.

But the cooking is great, they are professionals this time?

I like the French guy. Ludovig or somesuch.

pointydoug Fri 02-Oct-09 20:25:32

yes, a scrawny prim guy. Nothin gworse.

Katisha Fri 02-Oct-09 20:26:38

The thing that renders me unable to watch this programme is the voice-over.

JaMmRocks Fri 02-Oct-09 20:27:08

I wish they would get rid of Greg and his vile eating habits... and his shouty repeating of whatever has already been said. And the breathy voiceover woman too.

Wilts Fri 02-Oct-09 20:28:08

Yes the French bloke is great.

I loved it when they had to cook two different dishes with the same main ingredient (eel?) and when asked what he was cooking was only doing one and a pudding, yet looked completely un-phased when he realised what he was doing wrong and still pulled it all off!

pointydoug Fri 02-Oct-09 20:31:57

oh I like greg. Greg looks like good fun, good company.

zebramummy Fri 02-Oct-09 20:33:34

john is v beefy - hence the title of his book grin
greg is, well ...can't get past that article about him blush

Wilts Fri 02-Oct-09 20:35:56

Ohhh what article?

ScaryFucker Fri 02-Oct-09 20:41:54

article ?????

slowreadingprogress Fri 02-Oct-09 20:42:46

It is really noticeable that Greg cannot disagree with what Michel says, it's just emabarrassing. If Michel says "too much salt" Greg will say "it's a bit too salty". It's getting cringeable and repetitive

zebar, what article???

blametheparents Fri 02-Oct-09 20:43:55

Programme would be much better without Greg

Gert2a Fri 02-Oct-09 20:51:30

what article ???!!!

I can't bear Greg anymore. But I love Michel. I think I have a little crush!

zebramummy Fri 02-Oct-09 20:55:57

i think it appeared in a sunday red-top last year written by his ex-wife - stealing, football hooliganism, womanising and er ...spanking, with a vast collection of literature re the latter wink

HelenofSparta Fri 02-Oct-09 20:57:12

I MUCH prefer Michel to John (less shouty), but have you noticed how much nicer he is to the contestants in this, the professionals, than to the other contestants when at the michelin star dinner night?
Get rid of Greg i say! His eating habits are disgusting and I HATE it that he goes on so much about sweets and is so bias towards those good at pastry!
IT JUST GETS TOUGHER!

browntrout Fri 02-Oct-09 21:02:16

I like it when they have to cook for the critics and they tell them the next course is 3 minutes late or something and the critics have to do a very stern 'this simply isnt good enough, we didn't fight a war for this' face. Very very silly.

NormaJeanAteMyHamster Fri 02-Oct-09 21:04:46

A different article here but still makes him sound like an utter arse.

Jux Fri 02-Oct-09 21:08:08

I thought John was an arse, but I think Greg is too. I called them the Shouty Men. At least they don't have the pair of them screaming their heads off in the intro.

TheFoosa Fri 02-Oct-09 21:12:01

I miss John, he's luverly

twirlymum Fri 02-Oct-09 21:20:51

Michel just seems like a nice man. I long for the day when Greg says something original after Michel's comments. He is like a little lap dog, copying his every move.
Monica is fab!
The professionals seem more nervous than the ordinary contestants - maybe their workmates will rip the piss out of them if they muck it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now