Talk

Advanced search

OMG! This twin thing on BBC 1 is killing me.

(71 Posts)
HeadFairy Wed 30-Sep-09 21:21:16

Watching those twin Chinese girls reunited has made me cry!

pattymc Wed 30-Sep-09 21:23:22

just posted exactly same! so gorgeous, wish they could just stick with that story

paisleyleaf Wed 30-Sep-09 21:23:27

ikwym

TwoIfBySea Wed 30-Sep-09 21:24:13

Did you think that the adoptive mothers actually resembled each other as well?

I can't imagine dts living apart at all, I'm taping this to show them tomorrow as they are always moaning people can't tell them apart.

HeadFairy Wed 30-Sep-09 21:37:50

I can't believe the adoption agency failed to tell them they were splitting up identical twins. That's so wrong surely?

Sidge Wed 30-Sep-09 21:42:29

I'm rather shallow because I was thinking not only are those girls really cute but the twin doctors are too blush

sleepwhenidie Wed 30-Sep-09 21:43:46

me too, sat here in floods! How on earth are they going to separate them at the end of the visit, it is going to be horrendous sad....

paisleyleaf Wed 30-Sep-09 21:45:42

I hope they've got enough money to keep meeting up.

stainesmassif Wed 30-Sep-09 21:46:15

i've already shed a tear at this - when they were in the adoption agency at the beginning. sad

lockets Wed 30-Sep-09 21:48:18

Message withdrawn

tryingtocookacurry Wed 30-Sep-09 21:49:01

Oh dear - sat here crying my eyes out!

paisleyleaf Wed 30-Sep-09 21:49:17

I missed the very beginning....is DH right that they were conjoined? - or did he mishear that?

frumpygrumpy Wed 30-Sep-09 21:49:25

<<wail and bawls>> sad wee souls!!!!!!

Lovely, lovely families to be so united on this though. Such a hard situation.

sleepwhenidie Wed 30-Sep-09 21:53:02

no not conjoined, but adopted separately (in China) when they were small babies. The two families actually saw each other when finishing off paperwork at the adoption agency and queried why they looked so alike but the agency denied that they were sisters. One went to Norway, the other to California and DNA tests done shortly after proved they were twins. Families stayed in touch, reunited them at age 6 (neither speaking the others language) but they bonded instantly...

paisleyleaf Wed 30-Sep-09 21:57:56

What was the surgery thing then?

argento Wed 30-Sep-09 21:58:48

It's had me in tears too, how awful having to separate them again

HeadFairy Wed 30-Sep-09 21:59:12

Damn, work got in the way, I'm going to have to iplayer it, but tell me, did it end happily or will I need the kleenex?

argento Wed 30-Sep-09 22:00:27

There were triplets born by c-section at the beginning - their mother was also a triplet.

HeadFairy Wed 30-Sep-09 22:01:56

Not only triplets though identical triplets shock born to an identical triplet shock shock

nigglewiggle Wed 30-Sep-09 22:04:29

I couldn't believe that they kept them separated, knowing very early on that they were twin sisters. I know it would have been difficult for one family, but not nearly as difficult as this is for the little girls. I can't believe that it "never occurred to them" as the American adoptive mother said. My heart is breaking for them.

paisleyleaf Wed 30-Sep-09 22:05:23

It does seem almost cruel.

argento Wed 30-Sep-09 22:06:17

The bit about the brothers with heart disease despite their lifestyles has strengthened DP's argument that he doesn't need to give up smoking because everyone in his family smokes and none of them got cancer so he obviously has good genes angry

penona Wed 30-Sep-09 22:06:53

Have just sobbed over the twins split up. Keep thinking about my two, would be so sad.

Missed the triplet bit though. I didn't think identical triplets were possible - it was always identical twins and one other? Interesting, will have to watch on iPlayer!

sleepwhenidie Wed 30-Sep-09 22:10:08

it did end sort of happily headfairy, insofar as they have been reunited so young and will stay in touch (rather than not knowing about/knowing each other ever or until grown up) - but they do have to live with their adoptive families so far apart sad....definitely get the kleenex out!

nigglewiggle, I know what you mean, but can you imagine being the parent who gave up such a longed for child once you had finally got her? It can't have been an easy or short process and how would you decide who would have twins and who would give up their child (because that is what they were to the mums, even after a short time together)? V tough one.

nigglewiggle Wed 30-Sep-09 22:17:24

I know, but I hope I would have put my needs second.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now