Talk

Advanced search

eggheads- smug arses

(29 Posts)
MaryAmericanSmooth Tue 29-Sep-09 18:57:10

I can only watch this for about 2 minutes because the Eggheads themselves are so smart alec-y and smug...and Dermot Murnaghan is horribly arse licky..

needmorehoursinaweek Tue 29-Sep-09 19:04:46

The sweet older lady is OK but I find the rest are a bit smug. I quite like Dermot!

Mamazon Tue 29-Sep-09 19:08:10

dont mnd any of them except CJ. the man s just the most vle and smug lttle twerp.

Monty100 Tue 29-Sep-09 20:40:46

They are all sooooooo smug. I like Dermot though.

meandmybub Wed 30-Sep-09 11:30:08

Can't stand smug CJ or the new one, but I quite like the others - Daphne's lovely and is always pleased when the other team wins, and Kevin and Chris are kind of loveable in a ridiculous geeky way. Jury is out about Judith.

Note to self 'get out more'.

nancy75 Wed 30-Sep-09 11:31:30

i hate this show - the egg heads dont actually win anything, if i was one i would let the other team win sometimes!

FimboFortunaFeet Wed 30-Sep-09 11:32:19

Oh I think Daphne is the smug one, she loves it when someone on the opposing team gets it wrong. She has her own website as does CJ <Yes I am the sad git that looked them up>

FimboFortunaFeet Wed 30-Sep-09 11:37:43

This is quite funny.

MaryBS Wed 30-Sep-09 11:39:20

I was on Eggheads! Dermot didn't mix with us, CJ was OK but a bit smarmy. Judith was really really lovely. Daphne was mumsy, and Chris and Kevin were nice too.

Eyeballls Wed 30-Sep-09 11:41:38

I will defend Judith to the death! Daphne looks like a bit of a 'one' CJ is a pillock, in fact it's one of my little pleasures in life to shout out insults when he's on.

Ooh Mary, was it exciting? Did you win?

FimboFortunaFeet Wed 30-Sep-09 11:42:23

Oh Mary when? What was your team name? Did you win?

I am trying to make up by mind if Kevin is gay too.

MaryAmericanSmooth Wed 30-Sep-09 11:51:45

oh I hope you thrashed them Mary !!

MaryBS Wed 30-Sep-09 13:51:31

No, we didn't win. We were the lefthanders

said Wed 30-Sep-09 13:52:49

Why is CJ so awful? It's as though he just can't help it; almost as though he would like to be popular but can't stop showing off

Iklboo Wed 30-Sep-09 13:55:04

I used to hate Chris at first but then realised he was actually quite dry & funny.
CJ is a wally - his website is hilariously self-absorbed
I bet Daphne makes nice scones
Judith it sooooooooo posh
I quite like Kevin - I reckon he'd be OK for a pint
New bloke (Barry?) is odd

Nancy66 Wed 30-Sep-09 14:12:23

Daphne looks exactly the same in that clip from 1982 as she does now.

I hate the way that the contestants can never just answer a question by saying: "It's Red." They're obviously told by the producers to waffle on....
"Well I know it's not blue because blue is my favourite colour, i don't think it's yellow because..." waffle waffle waffle.

TishTosh21 Wed 30-Sep-09 17:50:17

I cant stand CJ he is SO SO SO smug and actually loves himself when he gets one right and does this weird wobble of the head thing.

Eyeballls Wed 30-Sep-09 18:06:18

He's just a pillock. He knows crap all about anything when it's his question but shakes his head in that smug arsed, condescending way when it's someone else's question. Tit.

BitOfFun Wed 30-Sep-09 18:18:54

I think CJ is one of those rote-learning geniuses (genii? He would know) with no social skills. He is hilarious.

Lol Nancy, so true...

thepumpkineater Wed 30-Sep-09 20:20:40

Daphne knows everything though. Love it when she gets an obscure 'pop' music question about a rap artist and she gets it right....'that'll be (insert correct answer)Dermot'.

Also can't stand CJ and his fluttering eyelashes.

Nancy66 Wed 30-Sep-09 21:13:24

Cj's weird, waxed eyebrows freak me out.

Jamieandhismagictorch Thu 01-Oct-09 15:45:40

Nancy I was wondering whether CJ is a cross-dresser. A friend of mine started waxing his eyebrows like that when he started cross-dressing (and is now a woman)

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Thu 01-Oct-09 15:48:05

The new fella gives me the heebies shock he looks evil.

BitOfFun Thu 01-Oct-09 20:59:17

Interesting theory, Jamie (you got me singing the theme tune now wink)- I'm sure he will be on to let us know- he looks the sort to google himself daily grin

thepumpkineater Thu 01-Oct-09 21:22:44

He does wear an alice band occasionally too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now