Talk

Advanced search

Doctor Who Christmas Specials

(26 Posts)
UnquietDad Sat 26-Sep-09 12:17:15

John Simm confirmed in interview with Wossy today that the final two episodes of the Tenth Doctor era will be shown on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

Before that we have "The Waters Of Mars" in November (probably), and the Doctor's appearance in a 2-parter of the Sarah Jane series (which not everyone may know about).

So, five more chunks of Tennant for you fangirls to drool over before he turns into Matty-Boy.

(Plus, I gather there are some new DW books out... whistles innocently...)

glasgowlass Sat 26-Sep-09 12:21:13

Ooooo thanks for the info!

RustyBear Sat 26-Sep-09 12:44:20

I'm assuming Hamlet will also be shown at Christmas sometime, as the DVD is due out on the 28th December - another big chunk of Tennant there...

[Liked it very much UQD!]

UnquietDad Sun 27-Sep-09 13:18:40

Of course, we can't rule out a future return to aid his 11th and 12th selves, looking slightly greyer and tubbier thanks to the shorting-out of the Time Continuum!

TrillianAstra Sun 27-Sep-09 13:24:09

<adds to notional Christmas list>

YohoAhoy Sun 27-Sep-09 13:25:30

We have just been working out our Sarah-Jane watching schedule - it would seem the Doctor's episodes are going to be on during half-term. Excellent foresight grin

dd (7) is currently writing David Tennant an invitation to her birthday party. I have explained that more than likely (!!) he won't be able to come, and she probably won't get a reply as he is Really Busy, but she maintains she will be happy to know he has read her letter.

Sigh. The innocence of youth. I was exactly the same at her age, having written a very earnest letter to Lee Majors. blush

nymphadora Sun 27-Sep-09 13:26:07

Does that mean john Simm is in it?

UnquietDad Mon 28-Sep-09 00:22:45

Yes he is. Playing the Master. It's no great secret and will probably be all over the Radio Times.

claudialyman Mon 28-Sep-09 00:39:56

Did not know they'd filmed his Hamlet! Thanks so much Rusty, dying to see that. That man can ACT..

RustyBear Mon 28-Sep-09 10:04:30

Blog here by the producer about the progress of the shoot.

Ripeberry Mon 28-Sep-09 21:11:28

Yohoahoy, When I was 12yrs old I wrote to Peter Davison and he was very busy but he took the time to reply to me...8 months later!
Lovely handwritten letter with a postcard.
I've still got it smile

claudialyman Mon 28-Sep-09 21:56:29

Thank you! lots of great reading there. Don't have BBC so the dvd will be the christmas trat for the first quiet evening!

YohoAhoy Mon 28-Sep-09 21:58:37

Ripeberry - well, maybe dd will be luckier than me. I'm still waiting for my letter from Lee Majors <sniff>

grin

nymphadora Wed 30-Sep-09 15:31:36

I knew it was suspected but YAY its connfirmed.

Now when does Sarah Jane start?

What do we think of the new logo?

scaryteacher Mon 12-Oct-09 11:20:30

Not a lot.

Mmm. But I don't think much of the current logo either, so I'm not too bothered either way (watched the "ye olde logos" video and was surprised at how many there had been / how many I'd forgotten).

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Mon 12-Oct-09 12:46:37

I like new logo. Am currently in a netherworld where I am simultaneously very excited about seeing the new Doctor and knowing that I'm going to be in floods of tears on the first day of next year.

AppleTreeWick Mon 12-Oct-09 13:14:52

Great news re Doctor Who.

Now I have what 73 wishing days left to mould the Christmas special plot, cast etc? It's just not enough time.

Madsometimes Mon 12-Oct-09 13:35:21

Dd1 will be very pleased to know that there will be a Dr Who in November. She was only badgering me last week about when will Dr Who be on next. Now I can tell her.

DS has decided that he's not watching any more of the Doctor with the curly hair (or even the Doctor with the straight hair) after being a bit traumatised by "Logopolis". He is still faintly obsessed by the Doctor with the sticky-out hair, though. I fret sometimes about whether Matt Smith will do anything sufficiently distinctive with his hair to merit his own soubriquet...

The perfect Christmas present for the true obsessive?

ellceeell Tue 13-Oct-09 07:43:48

Sarah Jane new series starts on Thursday, pt 2 on Friday

Katymac Tue 13-Oct-09 07:56:41

& I miss DW on Christmas Day & New Years Day

Some pratt decided we were going to Jamaica hmm

I wanna see DW sad

Katymac - OT, but I am looking at your spreadsheet. Real Life has kind of got in the way the last week. But should get back to you soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now