Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone watching a man starve and cry for an hour on channel 4 ??

(24 Posts)
AnyFucker Thu 24-Sep-09 21:46:13

"Alone In The Wild"

Boy, that man can cry hmm

Am finding it curiously difficult to feel sorry for him though, he reminds me of some of these twattish partners on MN who have gone off to "find themselves"

Gah

fishie Thu 24-Sep-09 21:49:29

yy and he is blaming it all on the porcupine's anus.

i know what happens....

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 24-Sep-09 21:50:40

bother, forgot that this was on.

AnyFucker Thu 24-Sep-09 21:50:43

la la la la

< puts fingers in ears >

fishie Thu 24-Sep-09 21:53:53

why don't film crew give him some crisps?

Wags Thu 24-Sep-09 21:56:59

DH is watching intensely, I just want someone to put him out of his bloody misery. DH did laugh when I read him out your crisp comment Fishie. He also just added 'wouldn't it be funny if the plane didn't start'!!

Habbibu Thu 24-Sep-09 21:58:03

Just turned it on. There're buses and everything. How alone is he?

fishie Thu 24-Sep-09 22:01:14

he doesn't seem to have any insight at all does he, he is so surprised it went differently to his expectation.

Habbibu Thu 24-Sep-09 22:02:25

We watched him eat a cereal bar in various poses for about 30 seconds and got bored. Does anything else happen?

TeeteringOnTheEdge Thu 24-Sep-09 22:03:18

Exactly. "Find himself" Twat.

I'd love a bit of a break like that. Imagine the peace...

MakemineaGandT Thu 24-Sep-09 22:05:05

there wasn't a film crew, he filmed it himself

I thought it was quite good and I felt a bit sorry for him - more that his dream failed than anything else

AnyFucker Thu 24-Sep-09 22:10:29

I was kinda hoping he got eaten by bears...

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Thu 24-Sep-09 22:11:38

Then first two episodes were better. I enjoyed it.

fishie Thu 24-Sep-09 22:11:54

how did he charge his batteries then?

i know he was really by himself, he wouldn't have been so crying otherwise. it was awfully quiet there.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 24-Sep-09 22:13:50

He was very scared of bears wasn't he? Wuss. I mean I would be too so I just wouldn't go and live there. Not go there, live there and whinge about being scared of the bears.

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Thu 24-Sep-09 22:16:04

Yes he did have a bear phobia I think but quite understandable given the circumstances. He was also quite obsessed with salmon.

AnyFucker Thu 24-Sep-09 22:18:54

his voice was kinda hypnotic though, nice soft Scottish burr

I did enjoy it, as a background to MN smile

notnowbernard Thu 24-Sep-09 22:19:38

A load of old shite

I personally am sick to death of watching middle-aged men go off on road trips in order to 'test themselves' or fulfill some wanky boyhood adventure fantasy for the purpose of TV viewing pleasure

WHY? Get over yourselves!

AnyFucker Thu 24-Sep-09 22:21:10

I still think the bears should have scoffed him

JonAndHateTheDailyMail Thu 24-Sep-09 22:38:58

I think he has some sort of mental health or developmental problem. And he should never have (?had) been allowed to do this for other people's entertainment.

Couldn't stop watching though blush

ProfYaffle Fri 25-Sep-09 17:30:56

Glad I found this thread. The first 2 episodes were ok, 3rd one with all the crying dull as shite, was about half an hour too long. The production crew must have been so pissed of with him.

said Fri 25-Sep-09 17:49:05

He was absolutely rubbish at it wasn't he? He'd fish for about 10 minutes and then spend the rest of the time wondering why he had no food. When he was crying about his girlfriend I was hoping there'd be subliminal image of her shagging his best mate.

FuriousGeorge Fri 25-Sep-09 21:54:23

He was a real wuss wasn't he? DH was watching and after a few minutes of the chap sobbing,I was begging him to turn over.Very tedious stuff-it IS aways men doing this shite too.

dogonpoints Fri 25-Sep-09 22:15:12

lol - I caught the end of this last night and was riveted. Just how long could a person watch a man cry and look confused? A very long time, it transpired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now