Talk

Advanced search

any one not watching strictly OR the x factor?

(41 Posts)
NotanOtter Sat 19-Sep-09 21:22:23

or are we alone????? sad

NHSworkerbee Sat 19-Sep-09 21:24:24

No,I am a closet Strictly fan but dp is watching LOTR which I think is dire (Frodo is far to fey,he should just be more Hobbit-like!) So I am on trusty old mn

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 19-Sep-09 21:25:31

Message withdrawn

preciouslillywhite Sat 19-Sep-09 21:27:09

us!!

...tried to watch both last year, once, cos we thought we must be missing something/being up our own arses/wanted to be able to converse with our friends about it, as everyone else seemed to be watching but...

oh dear. What a crock o' shite. Just couldn't do it

<folds arms>

<hmmmph>

TsarChasm Sat 19-Sep-09 21:31:15

I'm not. I can't stand phone-in hysteria and sealion audiences.

We are a minority though.

I sometimes think the only things I like on tv are BBCC4.

Oh and radio - love my radio! smile <ovaltiney emoticon>

UniS Sat 19-Sep-09 21:32:44

me. I'm on the PC, Dh on the laptop. neither of us is on I-player currently. We have no TV. Nice quiet evening in chez uni .

NotanOtter Sat 19-Sep-09 21:33:50

now enforced watching of a bond film .....

it's an isolated existence

MsHighwater Sat 19-Sep-09 21:37:28

We are watching repeats of HIGNFY. Anything but Strictly or X-Factor in this house!

badgermonkey Sat 19-Sep-09 21:41:01

Me - I'm watching DH play golf on the Xbox instead. I would probably enjoy SCD and X-Factor but have never watched a full episode of either due to my deep suspicion of anything 'communal' - I loathe the whole "Britain gripped by Strictly fever!" nonsense in the papers.

NotanOtter Sat 19-Sep-09 21:45:47

didn't watch the britains got talent either

CMOTdibbler Sat 19-Sep-09 21:45:59

Me - have read paper, now MNetting a bit, will go back to my book in a bit.

I can't stand the x factor and associated type programs, and lost interest in Strictly after the first series

PacificDogwood Sat 19-Sep-09 21:49:29

'Tis Bond here too. Daniel Craig over X-Factor judges everytime grin!

I never really got BB, Strictly, X-factor, Britain's got talent, etc etc ad nauseam.

<<middleaged emoticon>>

Lilyloo Sat 19-Sep-09 21:52:19

Me dp is watching some weirdy alien dvd he borrowed off someone [hm]

EyeballsWearingAPatch Sat 19-Sep-09 21:56:12

Me, can't bear either of them. Many moons ago I used to watch the first couple of weeks of X Factor, or Pop Idol as it probably was, now I can't even be arsed to do that. It's wall to wall shite.

The only one of these shows I watch at all is Dancing on Ice and that is purely because I've always been a massive Torvill and Dean fan and I'll watch anything to see them, but that is the only reason I give it house room. I'd rather boil my head than watch the others.

NotanOtter Sat 19-Sep-09 22:15:34

i just dont get the mass appeal

or if i did how can folk bear to watch it again and again

BumperliciousVsTheDailyHate Sat 19-Sep-09 22:20:45

Nope, never watched either. The only reality shows I watch are The Apprentice and Masterchef.

NotanOtter Sat 19-Sep-09 22:23:28

even the apprentice is a bit <yawn> now

BumperliciousVsTheDailyHate Sat 19-Sep-09 22:26:00

True NAO.

Highlander Sun 20-Sep-09 09:24:01

I just don't 'get' it. Intelligent people hysterical over dancing and Cheryl Cole's clothes.

NotanOtter Sun 20-Sep-09 21:44:46

cheryl cole does not do it for me either
plastic

gallusbesom Sun 20-Sep-09 22:30:59

Nope, never watched Strictly and X factor (and britain's got talent) bore the pants off me.

cat64 Sun 20-Sep-09 23:06:37

Message withdrawn

AnyFucker Sun 20-Sep-09 23:11:12

Neither

I absolutely fucking hate both of them

I banish other members of the family to a different room if they wish to view

I believe these programmes are an insult to my intelligence and I am totally serious about this

NotanOtter Sun 20-Sep-09 23:20:52

woohoo AF

in summer when dp and I were asked what we thought of britains got talent and we said we had not watched it - someone ( a friend) called us snobs

this was a joke of course

I would h ave loved to turn round and say it's an inane waste of life but i thought the better of it

AnyFucker Sun 20-Sep-09 23:24:20

NAO, I also rubbish reality "talent" programmes at any opportunity and get the hmm looks too

not many people I have met also equate them to the old-tyme pastimes of mocking the fucking afflicted smile

some of those poor people have learning difficulties and it is cruel to encourage them in their delusions, IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now