Talk

Advanced search

Surely BBC Scotland isn't showing Beechgrove Garden instead of the new Nigel Slater series!

(13 Posts)
MrsMuddle Thu 17-Sep-09 17:32:58

Tell me I've misunderstood please!

I've looked it up in the BT vision thing, and it's only "on demand". Does that mean they're not showing it up here at another time?

I mean, I've nothing against BG, but I was so looking forward to Nigel's new series.

Libra Thu 17-Sep-09 17:45:26

I share your pain MrsMuddle.
I turned on last night at 7.30 all excited about seeing Nigel and there was Beechgrove Garden.
Since we seem not to be getting any of the decent programmes on ITV either because of STV's penny pinching, we are obviously in for a very long winter!

bodeniites Thu 17-Sep-09 17:55:43

tou will be able to watch it on itv player perhaps?

TwoIfBySea Thu 17-Sep-09 17:59:00

Do you have hd channels? It is on there, otherwise I wouldn't have know it was on at all.

Seriously, we get lumped with some sh**ty programmes sometimes!

MrsMuddle Thu 17-Sep-09 18:39:39

I could watch it on iplayer, I suppose, but I have a netbook and the screen's tiny. sad

I don't think I have HD channels - I've just despatched a teenager to find out.

Yes, it will be a long dull winter. But at least I'll know how to store my onions!

Gracelo Fri 18-Sep-09 11:37:18

Sky shows English BBC channels and ITV in Scotland, it's somewhere in the 900+ range. We have the most basic Sky package so this should be true for anyone with Sky.
It was a good day when I found them.

nct73 Fri 18-Sep-09 12:58:29

My Mum keeps complaining that not getting Sunday night dramas on STV like Lewis, Kingdom & Miss Marple.

frasersmummy Fri 18-Sep-09 13:03:30

yip I agree with Grace try 903 +?-.. you will get regional bbc such as bbclondon bbc north west etc

Its also a good option when the bbc are showing scottish football but you are not a footie fan !! grin

Highlander Sun 20-Sep-09 09:25:36

oh, how I hated Fridays nights as a child. I just didn't understand my parents fascination with Carol Baxter

LadyoftheBathtub Sun 20-Sep-09 09:40:36

Sounds like Scottish telly hmm

I remember the excitement all round when one of DP's colleagues' garden was shown on the beechgrove garden. It's a Scottish institution!

Gracelo Thu 24-Sep-09 06:50:20

MrsMuddle, BBC Scotland starts showing the Nigel Slater program from next Wednesday on, 7.30 pm, if I remember right. There was one of those "what's coming up" snippets on last night.

MrsMuddle Thu 24-Sep-09 17:31:41

Thanks, Gracelo - I saw the trailer last night and came to update, but you got there first!

I am very excited now. smile

kwitie Thu 01-Oct-09 17:45:04

Don't mock the Beechgrove! There seems to be endless Cooking programs but very few Gardening programs for the amateur horticulturalist. Especially for the Scottish viewer. How many times on GW would Titchmarsh tell us to plant spuds when you knew that Frost would get them in Scotland.
Anyway Jim,Carole et al are going to sleep for the winter. You can have the TV back.
Also BBC Scotland should be renamed BBC Glasgow and the one NE program is always a pleasure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now