Talk

Advanced search

The Hills

(11 Posts)
PeasPlease Wed 16-Sep-09 20:35:05

There is nothing that excites me on tv tonight. I have found myself watching The Hills.

Can someone tell me what is going on with it? I vaguely recognise some of the 'characters' from magazines, but I don't get it is it like a fly on the wall documentary or is it acting. I have been strangely drawn into it... Please forgive my total ignorance!!

GypsyMoth Wed 16-Sep-09 20:37:10

i'm drawn into it too.....

however,whats irritating,is the theme song!! sticks in my head all day,what is it???

PeasPlease Wed 16-Sep-09 20:41:50

It is Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield.

If these people are for real and not actors then they look impossibly perfect all of the time. Why can't I look like that? Saying that they are prob about 19.

GypsyMoth Wed 16-Sep-09 20:43:47

no,i don't think its acting. my DD 15 watches it,i just sit there watching too. but i'm not allowed to ask questions!

we watch 'Kendra' too....now THATS good!!!

pattymc Wed 16-Sep-09 20:47:58

it is a reality programme but very staged and they have their hair and make up done at all times by the crew that film it - I know this because I have seen one of them being interviewed. It's basically following very very rich kids growing up in the hills - it's absolute RUBBISH - and me and my DH watch every episode (new series starts in october)

GypsyMoth Wed 16-Sep-09 20:49:41

lol....why do we put ourselves through this,why!!!!???

pattymc Wed 16-Sep-09 20:54:04

it's an escape from all reality (me and dh are 35 and 36!!!)
these kids are late teens early 20's - not jealous really - oh and sun always shines which we like

PeasPlease Wed 16-Sep-09 20:56:12

I had to laugh when those two blokes were talking about relationships over the bbq. It is like they're from a different planet to me.

Oh God Kerry Katona is on next.

CybilLiberty Thu 17-Sep-09 18:10:58

I love THe Hills. It's so vacuous, just what I need after a day at the coal face. And the poeple are so dumb, and pretty.

Sandy22 Wed 23-Sep-09 22:27:19

God - glad to see this threat - I'm in my 40's and can't stop watching it! I can't stand Spencer and Heidi blush

Sandy22 Wed 23-Sep-09 22:27:49

Sorry meant thread not threat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now