Talk

Advanced search

Deborah Meaden on Dragons' Den

(15 Posts)
Tigerlion Thu 10-Sep-09 20:19:12

Did she wear the same outfit for all of the last series - a black and white number? Can't she surely afford other clothes? Does she ever invest in anything?

meandmybub Fri 11-Sep-09 12:19:59

DH and I always joke that she doesn't actually have any money as she never ever invests. I wish they'd replace her with a female dragon that had a bit more ... ermmm .... pazazz .... mind you, didn't the original female dragon go bust or something?

TheBalladofGayTony Fri 11-Sep-09 12:21:27

probably a continunity thing. she does invest occassionaly but i don't really blame her most the of contestant are deluded morons

BrigitBigKnickers Fri 11-Sep-09 12:22:23

SHe is SOOOOO scary I don't think anyone would dare mention it to her!

PrincessToadstool Fri 11-Sep-09 12:24:03

They ALL dress the same in each episode. In the last series she had a horrid blue shirt on.

TheBalladofGayTony Fri 11-Sep-09 12:24:53

cruel but hilarious

MissisBoot Fri 11-Sep-09 12:29:16

She looks like she's had some work done this series - when they did the 'lets go and see how they've done' episode she looked a lot older.

MadreInglese Fri 11-Sep-09 12:30:23

For a minute there I though that clip showed Duncan Bannatyne in a blonde wig PMSL

BitOfFun Fri 11-Sep-09 12:44:54

That link is bloody funny- thanks

Nancy66 Fri 11-Sep-09 18:58:04

I think she's great - i've had some dealings with her in the real world and she's very feisty and pro women. She seems to back more women than the other three.

the previous woman, the red letter day bird was a right cow and did the whole eyeing up and down thing whenever an attractive woman appeared in the den.

MarshaBrady Fri 11-Sep-09 19:03:32

I think she's great and it's a shame she gets tagged with the sour / hard business woman stereotype. Plus her laugh is fab so bet she's more fun off the tv.

BitOfFun Fri 11-Sep-09 20:34:46

She looks a good laugh to me- I would like to think she could have a chuckle at that sketch!

BigGitDad Fri 11-Sep-09 20:41:21

They probably film it over two days or so hence it looks like she is wearing the same stuff. This current series of Shooting Stars was shot over two days so I believe.

BertieBotts Fri 11-Sep-09 20:41:47

She reminds me so much of my tutor at college.

Trust me, she was scary when you hadn't done your homework. In fact when I was failing the course she would be all scary and dragon-like (she reduced quite a few of the class to tears on separate occasions) and then go off to photocopy something or make a cup of tea, be gone for about half an hour leaving you sitting in the middle of the studio like a lemon and come back and be all nice and mumsy saying "You can do this, I know you have so much potential!"

Terrifying woman. grin Great teacher!

GrendelsMum Sat 12-Sep-09 19:40:46

I'm told she anonymously donated a large sum of money to a charity I volunteer for - or rather, it was hinted by someone that knew that it was she who had donated the money, we may have misunderstood the hints! - so I have to like her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now