Talk

Advanced search

back to school 2 weeks after having a baby - as if!

(12 Posts)
Katz Thu 10-Sep-09 19:23:44

i know it's a TV show but why on earth is Bridget back at school 2 weeks after having a baby? surely the 6 week rule would be applied?

mosschops30 Thu 10-Sep-09 19:25:56

dont know what programme youre watching but according to our maternity policy, by law you are required to have a minimum of 2 weeks off after birth

Katz Thu 10-Sep-09 19:29:17

dare i confess - neighbours! the 16 year old school girl has gone back to school, got involved in a hospital protest and all with a 2 week old baby!

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 10-Sep-09 19:33:26

well time has different meaning in neighbours. a well loved character dies, everyone looks sad for about 5 minutes and then are off down to lasseter for teh next banal adventure

MrsFawlty Thu 10-Sep-09 19:33:47

I saw a bit where they were trying to do CC on the child when she was two days old - I was nearly screaming "just pick the bloody baby up you hideous idiots!"

And breathe...I had to stop watching at that point.

bambipie Thu 10-Sep-09 19:49:39

But she is breastfeeding!

MrsFawlty Thu 10-Sep-09 19:55:47

Yeah, that is true...and they were talking about using cloth nappies...

BitOfFun Thu 10-Sep-09 19:58:26

The baby may end up to be as trouble-free as Emma, Rachel's baby in Friends- one episode of comedic crying, one first birthday party, and then no doubt destined to be sent upstairs to do her homework a la Tracy Barlow for six years...

BitOfFun Thu 10-Sep-09 19:59:45

Oh, and in grand Neighbours tradition, re-incarnated as a Hot Babe aged fifteen, despite being a pre-adolescent in specs and braces the previous episode...

bronze Thu 10-Sep-09 20:03:46

also a new baby in home and away where dads chilled but I just want to shout pick the poor thing up at her

Katz Thu 10-Sep-09 20:04:53

this is all very true. The one thing i always find strange on soaps is that when the well loved character dies, none of the family who have previously left the street come back for the funeral.

bronze Thu 10-Sep-09 20:15:04

Katz they do occasionally. I guess it depends who they can get to (whos got more work grin

They never need a wee just before they go out either,
And each house has 3million bedrooms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now