Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone watching "9/11 Phone Calls from the Twin Towers"?

(8 Posts)
famishedass Sun 06-Sep-09 22:25:10

It's heartbreaking sad

smallorange Sun 06-Sep-09 22:29:59

Why would anyone want to watch that?watch family guy instead....

sincitylover Sun 06-Sep-09 22:43:23

I'm watching. Agree

Heated Sun 06-Sep-09 22:45:00

other thread here

Dumbledoresgirl Sun 06-Sep-09 22:46:09

I'm watching. Can I ask an incredibly crass question?

All the people they are featuring are high up in the towers. Is that because anyone lower down escaped before the towers collapsed? I have never read the details of how many people escaped from each floor. I know no-one survived who had been above the impacts, and I thought lots of people from below the impact also died because the lifts weren't working and it took too long to walk down. Yes?

expatinscotland Sun 06-Sep-09 22:57:57

a friend of mine escaped from the 20th floor of the second tower.

a former colleague in the first tower on the 106th floor did not.

thaliablogs Sun 06-Sep-09 23:16:03

most people from below the impact survived, even some people from above in one of the towers made it out as the plane did not go all the way through the building. One of the documentaries on 9/11 details these stories. There was time to walk down from the 80th floor of building 1 as far as i remember from watching this. A lot of people escaped, much more than was thought originally

expatinscotland Mon 07-Sep-09 09:27:22

i think another problem was there when the plane hit teh first tower everyone thought it was an accident.

i was in Denver, two hours behind, getting ready for work. and was thinking, 'Oh, what a horrible accident,' and then having to drive off to work.

when i got there, everyone was in the TV room (i was a medical secretary in a hospice), even the patients who still had some mobility.

the other plane had crashed into the second tower.

it was just so shocking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now