Talk

Advanced search

Grease the high school musical

(19 Posts)
thaliablogs Sun 30-Aug-09 20:44:43

I know I'm a bit of a sad telly addict right now but I excuse myself on the basis of breastfeeding constantly.

Anyone watch this tonight? I was horrified they ended up choosing between leeds and brum, which were the two best from what I saw, and they picked shoeburyness where they didn't see anyone who could sing at all from what they showed. Bizarre choices. Anyone? I would have picked leeds, brum, and worcs although I understand their reservations about the more polished school.

NervousNutty Sun 30-Aug-09 21:19:26

Which school was the brum one ??

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 30-Aug-09 21:24:32

Brum one was Great Barr. The Haybridge one is in West Mids as well (its one of our local schools)

NervousNutty Sun 30-Aug-09 21:27:07

shock I went to Great Barr school

Do you know if it is repeated at all ??

thaliablogs Sun 30-Aug-09 21:45:51

I'm sure it's repeated endlessly - look on sky2 or sky3 later in the week. The Sunday show is the first one of the week.

NervousNutty Sun 30-Aug-09 21:46:44

Thanks, will keep an eye out for it.

thaliablogs Sun 06-Sep-09 19:22:26

anyone watching tonight?

canthelpitmuch Mon 07-Sep-09 13:46:34

I saw the show last night, what happened? Shoebury were the best singers and maybe just lost out to Great Barr in the dancing. Wallasey were dreadful! By far the worst singers and the worst dancers. If I was in the Shoebury or Great Barr camp, I would be very upset!

Come on Sky, it is one thing to fix a program when it is close, but this was way too obvious!

LostGirl Mon 07-Sep-09 14:29:37

I agree, they've made some very strange decisions. Wallasey's singing was ok but the two that sang solo parts didn't really have strong enough voices to carry off leads in a musical. Mind you, I still thought their singing was better than Great Barr.

canthelpitmuch Tue 08-Sep-09 13:53:05

Maybe I am being kind to Great Barr's singing, but Shoebury should have easily won it. I wonder why they picked Wallasey? I wonder what the Wallasey team, friends and family thought when they saw the show on Sky? Surely they would be embarrased? (but obviously pleased to have won)!

Iklboo Tue 08-Sep-09 13:55:45

Maybe they picked the Wallasey one because of the area? (one of the criteria I think was a school in a 'struggling' area)
There's still the sing off rounds to go to pick the final winning school I think?

canthelpitmuch Wed 09-Sep-09 11:19:00

You could be right, although I am not Wallasey is worse than Great Barr or Shoebury. Also, they picked all 3 schools to take part and, once that happened then it should have been a fair contest.

rdotg Tue 22-Sep-09 20:26:49

Message withdrawn

lisasimpson Mon 19-Oct-09 14:33:37

so did anyone see the final programs on Saturday? thought on the whole they did a pretty good job. That girl who played Rizzo was fab.

LostGirl Mon 19-Oct-09 14:56:56

Yes, she was great wasn't she. I thought the whole thing was pretty good, they all put in strong performances. I got very emotional when they kept cutting to the parents watching them blush

lisasimpson Mon 19-Oct-09 18:39:37

yes me too - and afterwards when she got that recommendation letter from Arlene [sniff]!

VictoriousSponge Mon 19-Oct-09 18:40:23

i taught at great barr
bunch of scallies wink

thaliablogs Mon 19-Oct-09 21:11:27

I thought the girl who played rizzo and the one who played sandy were head and shoulders above the rest. particularly rizzo. The Danny guy was a bit weak TBH.

Sorry to have missed the chat on this thread, I gave up when no one seemed to reply to the earlier conversation!

LostGirl Tue 20-Oct-09 07:58:58

Yes, Danny was definitely the weakest, was surprised when he was cast to be honest. Sandy had a great voice, but didn't pull of the sexy sandy as well as the sweet one. I think it was probably a good idea to leave drama school for another two years, 16 is very young imo.

Overall I think it was a stonger show than last year's Hairspray, would be interesting to see how the show has affected them.

I wonder what they will do next year?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now