Talk

Advanced search

Harper's Island.. does anyone know when this starts?

(27 Posts)
themoon66 Sat 29-Aug-09 23:38:29

Just seen a preview for Harper's Island which appears to be a new 13 part scary/murder/mystery on BBC3. I missed most of the trailer though. Does anyone know when this starts?

ABitBatty Sun 30-Aug-09 22:16:31

Next Sunday at 9pm, BBC3 smile See here for a lot more info

themoon66 Sun 06-Sep-09 22:21:07

Did anyone else watch this then?

Docbunches Mon 07-Sep-09 11:57:07

I watched it - thought it was pretty good as well. It's not normally my sort of thing as I have to watch through the gaps between my fingers, iyswim blush.

The actress who plays Trish (the bride-to-be) is Katie Cassidy, daughter of 70's heartthrob David Cassidy - I bet not many people knew that!

Tortington Mon 07-Sep-09 11:58:19

yeah have seen it through to its conculusion and really enjoyed it

themoon66 Tue 08-Sep-09 10:01:37

Thanks Custy... I'll stick with it then smile

CJCregg Tue 08-Sep-09 12:39:44

Just watched eps 1 and 2 on iplayer - really enjoying it! It's not quite Being Human but it's pretty entertaining.

Pollyanna Tue 08-Sep-09 12:45:01

didn't you all find it a bit gory? I am normally ok but am in two minds whether to carry on watching!

bunjies Tue 08-Sep-09 12:48:32

I watched it on my own and spooked myself pretty well grin I did think it was good though and will watch it all. I thought the worst bit was the guy who died under the boat. The tension was unbearable when the motor started.

CJCregg Tue 08-Sep-09 12:59:27

I like a bit of gore! The boat was horrendous, and also the tension thinking the English guy was going to meet a grisly end like the priest did. But they're just playing with us, and I like that, it makes it funny and unpredictable.

(What about the 'friend' who 'forgot' his mate was hanging upside down for several hours?! )

Pollyanna Tue 08-Sep-09 13:04:26

well Uncle Marty was pretty gory too I think!

i will carry on watching I think, but maybe not on my own late at night!

themoon66 Tue 08-Sep-09 14:11:30

I thought Uncle Marty was going to be a major character, so was shocked when he was finished off. I think it may be a bit like Lost in that respect - killing off people you don't expect.

DH thought it was quite humourous in places hmm

JackBauer Tue 08-Sep-09 21:28:35

Have watched first 2 episodes on iplayer. I didn't even know about it until I had a random mooch for something to watch.
I think it's great! And the guy who plays the lead (useless at remembering names) is fab, he was in some awful Sky1 drama a few years ago and I love him.

CJCregg Sat 12-Sep-09 10:53:52

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode - it's called Ka-Bam ...

verygreenlawn Sat 12-Sep-09 14:49:17

I loved this, watched the first two parts last night ... before going to bed on my own as DH is away for the weekend. I thought it was a bit like a modern Twin Peaks but not quite as quirky.

I can see the resemblance to David Cassidy (old fogey emoticon). I reckon she's the killer anyway.

What happened to the priest? I saw what happened to cousin Ben, Uncle Marty and the girl in the pit, but I must have missed a minute or two.

verygreenlawn Sat 12-Sep-09 15:07:23

Ah, I've just been naughty and checked what happened to the priest on wiki wink.

JackBauer Sat 12-Sep-09 18:11:32

I watched it on iplayer so you could watch it again shoudl you so wishgrin

I daren't wiki it in case of spoilers as I am really enjoying it!

CJCregg Sun 13-Sep-09 22:12:48

Anyone watching? Why has nobody noticed the girl from ep2 has disappeared?!

Butterball Sun 13-Sep-09 22:32:48

Message withdrawn

CJCregg Sun 13-Sep-09 23:09:06

Grrr ... Butterball, I'm hugely tempted. After all, it wouldn't spoil the enjoyment of seeing all the grisly murders, would it?! And now you've let on that it's a 'he' ...

Bleatblurt Sun 13-Sep-09 23:15:23

Shh, I've reported my post to get it deleted!!! blush Report yours too. grin

CJCregg Sun 13-Sep-09 23:22:11

No, I have no self control and am going to Wiki it now ...

Docbunches Mon 14-Sep-09 08:44:55

CJ, I know what you mean about not noticing people missing - no-one has mentioned 'where is Uncle Marty?'....

... and more importantly, how has Abi managed to resist the very easy-on-the-eye, Jimmy??

fatjac Mon 14-Sep-09 10:16:13

Just watched 3 episodes of this last night. One more to go on i player then I've caught up. Strange that no one has noticed that the priest and the girl with the dog have been gone for about 2 days now. I mean its a small island. And where do they think Uncle Marty has gone? Never mind its still good.

Bleatblurt Mon 14-Sep-09 11:13:20

The killer sent a text from Uncle Marty's phone saying he was off with a woman or something like that, so no-one is worried about him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now