Talk

Advanced search

Is it me or on Cbeebies but are Cerrie and Alex...

(93 Posts)
MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 24-Aug-09 10:49:41

... still a wee bit crap after all these months.

You don't have to talk really slowly to children.

And you can show a modicum of personality. Alex looks permenantly worried by life.

Am I wrong?

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 24-Aug-09 10:50:27

sorry about appalling grammar in title!

ThisIsWhyYouWereToldNotTo Mon 24-Aug-09 10:50:58

They are horrendous still.

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 24-Aug-09 10:51:21

it's not you.

I thought that they would grow on me, Andy certainly did.

But they are no better.

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 24-Aug-09 10:51:29

Thought so.

FuriousofTunbridgeWells Mon 24-Aug-09 10:51:40

I like Cerrie, she has relaxed into it a bit more and has a bit of personality.

Alex, worried by life? To me it looks like a ptying frown: 'ooh you poor parents!' smug shit.

kathyis6incheshigh Mon 24-Aug-09 10:52:49

Alex reminds me very much of an ex-boyfriend I had who had severe depression and used to smile all the time to hide it. I worry about him.

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 24-Aug-09 10:53:31

Lol Kathy

MrsEricBanaMT Mon 24-Aug-09 10:53:40

I like them. So 'tis you imho

Slubberdegullion Mon 24-Aug-09 11:08:01

I like to imagine there is some sexual tension going on there. I know there isn't as Cerrie is happily marrried I believe, although that is a huge assumption that she is happily married of course...

For some reason I see them singing the goodnight song together and then as the camera fades they look whistfully into each other's eyes with yearning.

No wonder Alex looks stressed, he is waiting for Cerrie's giant of a husband to come barraging into the studio to assert his husbandly authority (maybe using Handrew as a weapon)

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 24-Aug-09 11:09:17

Slubber - LOL. good to know the cause of those upturned eyebrows. Handrew with a machete would be a fearsome sight.

Slubberdegullion Mon 24-Aug-09 11:12:30

yes, Handrew just in the corner of the shot, quietly fingering a saw in a menacing fashion.

MaggieLeo Mon 24-Aug-09 11:18:15

I do prefer chris and pui, but cerrie and alex aren't bad. they wash over me, kind of bland yes, but i'm just releived that that sarah jane isn't singing. her voice was horrendous and her pony tails and her squeakiness and her snub nose, and died blonde hair with roots..... arhghghgh.

Is andrew the really tall one?!

LadyStealthPolarBear Mon 24-Aug-09 11:20:11

I don't mind Cerrie but Alex annoys me.
DH has a soft spot for her as well angry yesterday he asked "how does she get her hair to do that", then later (he was watching with DS I promise!) "we're watching the pretty lady"

Slubberdegullion Mon 24-Aug-09 11:20:26

No that is Andy, Handrew is the hand in a glove that appears to give the presenters things, like a pritstick.

EyeballsintheSky Mon 24-Aug-09 11:21:57

I quite like them. Pui is okay but she's too bloody bouncy. I can't cope with that amount of energy, particularly as, if I have put the tv on then I'm too shagged out to do anything with dd! Cerrie is much calmer.

BintOfBohemia Mon 24-Aug-09 11:22:58

Nope, they are bland, rubbish and very annoying. Have given them a fair crack of the whip but they are still shit. Sack 'em!

LadyStealthPolarBear Mon 24-Aug-09 11:23:57

Ah I thought Andy = Handrew, as he appeared when there was only Sid on

EyeballsintheSky Mon 24-Aug-09 11:24:16

Aw Bint, you really must learn to be more direct. Your post is too ambiguous. What do you really think of them?

BintOfBohemia Mon 24-Aug-09 11:26:38

grin

ChairmumMiaow Mon 24-Aug-09 11:28:16

I never liked Pui. I think Chris and Cerrie might work, but Sid and Andy are the best.

I spend far too much time with cbeebies on blush

lynniep Mon 24-Aug-09 11:28:59

I think they're pretty bland actually. No screen presence at all. But DS doesnt seem to care so I guess It matters not what I think...

MojoLost Mon 24-Aug-09 11:34:22

yes both of them are really bad I think.
Chris and Poi were so much better and more natural.

MaggieLeo Mon 24-Aug-09 12:10:30

yes, sid is so cool, love his tight t-shirt collection, ha ha! grin blush

he always looks like he should be somewhere much cooler, but he carries off the children's tv presenting with good humour!

Jimmychasesducks Mon 24-Aug-09 13:33:16

i think they are terrible
I even prefer Poi to them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now