Talk

Advanced search

So how old is Susan Kennedy in Neighbours meant to be?

(99 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Wed 19-Aug-09 20:52:05

The current surrogacy story is just making me laugh - Libby's got to be 30 so how old is Susan ? at least 50 something? Has no-one pointed out that it's all a bit silly? that's why I just love Neighbours, it's so trashy. grin

SmallScrewCap Wed 19-Aug-09 20:56:58

I haven't watched Neighbours since Libby was about 12 but this caught my eye! What, is Susan going to have a baby for Libby?! I might have to start watching again, that sounds brilliantly crap!

midnightexpress Wed 19-Aug-09 20:57:53

She must be ancient. She's been in it since the beginning, and I think that must have been when I was a student, which is <coughs> 1984. She had teenage children then, so she must be at least 105 by now.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Wed 19-Aug-09 21:06:48

Exactly.. at least 105 wink

I do love Neighbours because it is utter crap, like reading a trashy novel.

TheCrackFox Wed 19-Aug-09 21:06:56

My DH has always fancied Susan. He has been holding a candle for her for the past 15 or so years.

If Susan is using Libby's eggs it might well work.

I haven't watched Neighbours for about 10 years. But Libby's plight has moved me.

SmallScrewCap Wed 19-Aug-09 21:20:01

Right I have GOT to start watching again now!

Me and my old housemates spotted that "Susan Kennedy makes the world go round" was a running theme in Neighbours, and used piss ourselves devising elaborate sceanrios in which she saved the world from meteorites/global warmiing/pandemics, with merely a "Why can't people cope without me?" roll of her eyes!

I will have to get back in touch with them and ask them if they know about this storyline!

Celery Wed 19-Aug-09 21:26:29

It started in 1986, in this country anyway. The Kennedy's haven't been in it from the beginning. Des lived in that house before them, they moved in when he moved out a few years later. Oh sod it, I'm gonna google and find out exactly. . .

Celery Wed 19-Aug-09 21:31:15

Began airing March 1985 ( in Australia )

The Kennedy's came into it in 1994.

Bellsa Wed 19-Aug-09 21:32:07

I'm gonna set the sky+ and start watching. What's the betting Susan doesn't want to give the baby up once it's born?

Winetimeisfinetime Wed 19-Aug-09 21:33:37

From what I have read on other forums, you would stand more chance with her than your dh, TheCrackFox as 'tis rumoured she 'drinks from the furry cup' in rl and was in fact in a relationship with the actress that plays Lynn Scully - allegedly.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 19-Aug-09 21:33:39

Saint Susan won't want to keep it.

What's the chances she gets pregnant by Karl before the IVF though??

MANATEEequineOHARA Wed 19-Aug-09 21:37:08

She has always been about 40 hasn't she. Susan Kennedy doesn't age... surely???

Therevchasesducks Wed 19-Aug-09 21:39:33

the actress who plays her is 53

StealthBearWipesBumOnDailyMail Wed 19-Aug-09 21:40:05

well she had adult children when I watched it in 6th form - 14/15 years ago, so she must have been about 40 then.
So 55 at least?

StealthBearWipesBumOnDailyMail Wed 19-Aug-09 21:40:41

what was libby and billy's older brother called??

muggglewump Wed 19-Aug-09 21:41:27

I reckon she's about 90.
She must be!

SPOILER
Do not read further if you don't want to know.

She does get pregnant with their baby.

I don't know much further than that.

I'm more of a Home and Away fangrin

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Wed 19-Aug-09 21:42:54

apparently she's 53

StealthBearWipesBumOnDailyMail Wed 19-Aug-09 21:44:57

was it wes? was he galagh guy?

dizzydixies Wed 19-Aug-09 21:46:01

Mal

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 19-Aug-09 21:46:51

You know Bridget dies? She has the baby first though.

Was their older brother called Mall??

StealthBearWipesBumOnDailyMail Wed 19-Aug-09 21:47:49

Mal, thank you!

Celery Wed 19-Aug-09 21:48:05

Des Clarke lived in the house first of all, with Daphne, who was a stripper.

Daphne dies in a horrific car accident in 1988, Des gets engaged to Plain Jane Super Brain in 1989.

He leaves the house in 1990 and Doug and Pam Willis move in. I'd forgotten about them! And their annoying daughter Cody, and son Adam. Oh, and Gaby Willis, eurgh.

Anyway they lived there for four years, left, and the Kennedy's moved in in 1994.

midnightexpress Wed 19-Aug-09 21:49:09

Oh yes Mal. I used to have a bit of a crush on him blush.

Have they really not been in it since the start? Blimey. They seem to have been there for EVER.

What was Des's wife called. Was it Deirdre? Or Daphne?

MANATEEequineOHARA Wed 19-Aug-09 21:51:05

Cody was just wrong!!!

Wasn't Jane trying to get into 'modelling'.

Haha, I used to think neighbours was great!

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 19-Aug-09 21:52:03

Ah Des Clarke, this takes me back. There used to be a bank where Dr Kennedy had his office, Des was the manager until he swore at a client in Japanese because he didn't know what he was saying. They had a baby boy. Daphne used to own the coffee shop.

Plain Jane had a make over and wasn't plain any more. She used to live with Mrs Mangle.

God I'm old!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now