Talk

Advanced search

BIG BROTHER, BIG LOAD OF $£"^%

(129 Posts)
mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 21:54:31

Big brother my arse. When is channel 4 going to get its head out its proverbial and use its money to make something decent to watch? When you say? When those who watch the likes of Big Brother and other "reality" tv shows, stop watching them. They are cheap to make, appeal to the lowest common denominator of intelligence and also to many of our voyeuristic tendencies, in my opinion.

I would rather watch heartbeat than big brother and that is saying something. Fortunately i dont watch much tv, but i know plenty who are tuning in to this mindless drivel tonight and it makes my heart ache that they will be wasting so many weeks getting excited over NOTHING. The majority of tv is crap, but this show is top of the crap heap. Dosent say much for those who watch it either.

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 27-May-05 21:56:45

Thats a bit harsh.

Does that mean I and a few others on here have no intelligence?

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 21:57:37

I dont know, does it?

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 27-May-05 21:58:17

Are you joking?

spod Fri 27-May-05 21:58:53

Message deleted

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 21:59:04

what do you think?

Pruni Fri 27-May-05 22:00:09

Message withdrawn

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 27-May-05 22:00:23

Well I would hope that you are joking.

dropinthe Fri 27-May-05 22:01:04

I think its mindless drivle that doesnt reflect on ME whatsoever!

teeavee Fri 27-May-05 22:01:06

mamadadawahawah
I think it's a load of drivel too, and so does everyone else, but lighten up! it's JUST a load of drivel, ffs!!! no-one has to watch itr, read the endless articles about it, or join in the controversy in any way - you, like any of us, can simply switch off and think about more life-enhancing things instead!!!!!

Good on you for kicking up a rumpus though, you must really care about BB deep down

vickiyumyum Fri 27-May-05 22:01:36

ok your opinion, but then perhaps i fell the same way about people who need to try and cause offence!

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 22:02:00

So do we have "locale" exclusivity on MN then? what does "being around" have to do with anything. do i have to watch 11 weeks of telly tubbies to know it aint for me? what is your point. Big brother is crap, you know it, i know it, the producers even know it. I bet they cant understand themselves, why it is so popular. why would anyone with a life want to waste hours watching such mindless gratuitous fatuous crap?

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 27-May-05 22:05:09

At the end of the day Channel 4 are out to make money.

Big Brother makes money. If people watch it then it will be aired every year.

Pruni Fri 27-May-05 22:05:57

Message withdrawn

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 22:06:25

Your point being?

LGJ Fri 27-May-05 22:06:53

mamadadawahwah

Please get real............some of us love it, some of us loathe it.

I am in the loathe camp, but I certainly would not post on here and be as vitriolic as you have been, have you had a bad day ??

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 27-May-05 22:07:10

Are you really saying that your first post wasn't offensive?

Gwenick Fri 27-May-05 22:07:35

got to agree with that one - pile of rubbish 'tried' to watch it every year it's been on and "YAWWWWN" after 10 minutes .

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 22:07:35

I didnt join mumsnet for anonymity sake. Nor did i think mumsnetters were all of the same mindset. Plenty who agree with me. We arent the stepford wives here. If you got something to say, say it.

spod Fri 27-May-05 22:08:50

Message deleted

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 22:09:02

I love the feminist aspirations of mumsnet, I really do. Vitriolics is synonymous on MN with "bad days", pmt, etc. and by the way if you are offended by what i say you are very easily offended. Are you really that think skinned in real life?

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 27-May-05 22:09:41

Yeah fair enough but you've just made a comment about a few mnetters that you don't know to be true.

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 22:10:14

Do you identify yourself with big brother and feel loyal to it? do you feel you must uphold it and sanctify it? Puhlease.

mamadadawahwah Fri 27-May-05 22:11:28

There are going to be silly absent minded, ignorant mumsnetters just like in real life and on big brother. We cant all be intelligent, we cant all be stupid. When you cut it down the middle, MN has its fair share of both sides of the mental i.q.

Pruni Fri 27-May-05 22:11:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: