Talk

Advanced search

Duchess of the Estate

(15 Posts)
Nancy66 Tue 18-Aug-09 22:28:26

Anyone else watch it?

God, i cringed all the way through. It was so patronising and will solve absolutely fuck all.

perdu Tue 18-Aug-09 22:34:36

mmm, very surprised she wore such formal clothes the whole time?

Nancy66 Tue 18-Aug-09 22:36:18

doubt she was there for a week either - looked like two days to me. Plus when they interviewed her after her night at the B&B it looked like the bed hadn't been slept in -bet she shot off to the Malmaison in Manchester!

perdu Tue 18-Aug-09 22:42:52

ha ha, had to laugh when she went to B and B and was shown the room with a tiny single bed shoved in the corner.

Also loved the moment when she asked whoever it was to watch her bags and was it a Range Rover??

Is this a series -only had one eye on it...

Nancy66 Tue 18-Aug-09 22:58:56

It's a two parter I think - so next week she must save the world.

Programme also made it look like nobody in the north of england had any teeth.

perdu Tue 18-Aug-09 23:06:45

ooof I was only really listening as have laptop on my knee so missed the teeth issue.

She was lucky to get away without being knifed as far as I could see. I mean those yoofs she was talking to really were not going to take her seriously were they. I particularly loved it when she introduced herself to the young boy at the start by saying that she had married a prince.....and go on Fergie....

I probably wouldn't have referred to myself as 'The Duchess' quite so boldly up there. A little bit harsh maybe.

cornsillk Tue 18-Aug-09 23:11:25

It was awful.

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 18-Aug-09 23:17:44

The blonde woman who wanted to protect her kids surprised me. When she was saying she had a criminal record for battery. She said the situation had arisen because her son had been bullied at school. I kind of had an open mind that point, until she said he was 3 and the "bully" had been one of the kids at nursery, so she'd grabbed the kid's mother by the hair and "slapped her a bit."

Dear god.......could you imagine her coming on her and recounting that story?

In fact, I am so aghast at that, as she seemed a really decent woman up until that point, that I would dearly love it if she came on here and told us exactly what had happened - there must surely be more to it than that?

cornsillk Tue 18-Aug-09 23:20:51

I missed that bit - what a loon!

TsarChasm Tue 18-Aug-09 23:26:00

I couldn't bear to watch this; I just knew it was going to be patronising.

Wasn't she flame grilled on a radio phone-in wrt this the other day. She stomped off in a huff.

cornsillk Tue 18-Aug-09 23:27:47

Yes I read that and was hoping they were going to show it. I could only bear to watch the first half of it. Absolutely dire.

Heated Tue 18-Aug-09 23:28:19

She got a bit of a mauling on 5Live I think it was - about how removed she was from the real world given the £256,000 spent on her dd's palace refurb whilst at uni or the 250,000 spent on protecting her dd's

Heated Tue 18-Aug-09 23:29:54

The DM take on it.

cornsillk Tue 18-Aug-09 23:32:16

Excellent work whoever Josie is.

TsarChasm Tue 18-Aug-09 23:53:02

'seen leaving the recording studio clutching a handkerchief yesterday morning.'

That went well thengrin

It makes me cringe when royals (or ex royals) try this kind of thing. It always ends in tears. Remember It's a Knockout? Poor old Edward left clutching a hankie after that disaster too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now