Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone watch Make Me A Supermodel? Go on don't be scared to admit it...

(24 Posts)
cocolepew Tue 18-Aug-09 16:55:38

Who is the English (?) one who is in charge of the girlies? I've only seen the last 2 and she's irritating.

Tyson is lovely to look at, but his personality is, erm, missing shall we say.

Oh and soon to be models go and eat something you're too bloody skinny.

cocolepew Tue 18-Aug-09 17:31:51

Does nobody else watch this? It's, um, educational hmm. I can't Google because I can't remember her name and I don't want to know who won.

cocolepew Tue 18-Aug-09 18:09:38

<<walks off muttering>>

suwoo Tue 18-Aug-09 18:21:51

I do wink and ANTM and the British one.

I am liking all the boys and not really the girls. I have no idea who the female mentor is but I am finding her a bit twatty. Tyson has waaay more personality than her.

Shallow and vacuous, moi?

cocolepew Tue 18-Aug-09 18:26:09

ANTM Rocks! I love Trya and her thighs.

Someone on this weeks MMAS said about mentor woman being a supermodel hmm.

They ones one MMAS are much skinnier than on ANTM, though.

suwoo Tue 18-Aug-09 19:34:05

Yeah, because Salome is so fat hmm.

Who is your favourite? I think if pushed, it would be between Sandhurst, Brendan <<swoon>> and the english one.

cocolepew Tue 18-Aug-09 20:32:33

Salome is my favourite looks wise. I don't like the last 2 blokes on this weeks episode. English bloke v nice, but a bit earnest IYSWIM.

cornsillk Tue 18-Aug-09 20:35:54

When's it on? I like that type of thing.

cocolepew Tue 18-Aug-09 20:38:06

On Living, Monday at 8. ANTM on everyday, they are allold series, at 10(?) and repeated at 6. New ANTM was advertised tonight <<excited>>

TwoIfBySea Tue 18-Aug-09 21:26:23

Add me to the list of MMAS watchers! Don't like ANTM anymore, too much screeching and no rather handsome chaps!

TeenyTinyToria Tue 18-Aug-09 21:43:50

I think the mentor woman is called Nicole, she's so annoying. Unfortunately, I googled the other day for something else, and found out who won. Still enjoy watching though. I love Sandhurst, think he's great.

pooka Tue 18-Aug-09 21:47:01

Me too! I watch ANTM and BNTM (and rather enjoyed Australia's next top model which seems to have produced the frist really successful model).

MMAS - I like Salome and Jonathan best. Think Perou is great panellist. They're much more cutting than the ANTM panel.

MyMamaToldMe Tue 18-Aug-09 21:48:51

Add me too! Enjoy watching MMAS and ANTM, but have to say I enjoy MMAS more. Love the English bloke - he is gorgeous!! How shocked was Brendan when the judges told him he was cocky? lol - poor guy - my heart did go out to him a little!

Mentor woman very annoying, but totally gorgeous, as is Tyson. Preferred him as a judge.

MyMamaToldMe Tue 18-Aug-09 21:50:31

oh yes - love Australia's NTM - but preferred it when the blond lady ran the show and not the new brunette one (Jodie I think her name is?)

maize Tue 18-Aug-09 23:01:03

I watch it! I think its much more realistic than ANTM, the models are all very slim and tall and the experts seem more, um, expert. Also less screeching.

Love ANTM though even if it has NO credibility.

thaliablogs Wed 19-Aug-09 00:27:36

Love all these programmes. When is oz top model on? I've only seen one season where the one who no one liked won. I think MMAS is much more realistic about what works in the industry than ANTM, ANTM is really about Tyra and is pure entertainment - the person who wins is never really top model material, just the one the producers think makes the best tv each week.

The vacuous female presenter of MMAS is nicole trunfio (neveredover)

cocolepew Wed 19-Aug-09 10:41:36

Thanks thalia, I couldn't place her accent at all.

MMAS is more realistic, but ANTM is more entertaining. Who is doing the new one? Paulina was sacked, I think.

TwoIfBySea Wed 19-Aug-09 18:27:27

Australia's NTM is much better than the US version.

MMAS is much more truthful than ANTM has ever been, fashion world truthful that is!

TeenyTinyToria Wed 19-Aug-09 23:09:55

Yeah, I love it on MMAS when they cry and get told to sort themselves out and get on with it. None of Tyra's icky sympathy, it's the real tough world of fashion right there.

Less screaming as well thank god!

TwoIfBySea Thu 20-Aug-09 18:57:41

ANTM lost its gloss when one of the series was fixed.

cocolepew Thu 20-Aug-09 18:58:36

Which one was fixed?

TwoIfBySea Thu 20-Aug-09 19:03:15

Series 9, the winner was Selisha (sp?) and had modeled frequently on Tyra's talk show before being in the programme. She had also done other previous modelling.

shootfromthehip Thu 20-Aug-09 19:03:58

Was season 1 of ANTM fixed- seriously? Gutted.

I watch all these programmes and love them (as does DH who - interestingly- always manages to work on his laptop in the sitting room when they are on rather than the dining room).

I liked that Gabriel bloke until he left even though he was a bit shorter and skinnier than I would normally go for. Yum.

TwoIfBySea Thu 20-Aug-09 19:11:14

Not the first season, although the winner of that, Adrien, won't be seen or heard of on ANTM because she slated them afterward.

After series 9 I stopped watching it because it was so damn obvious what was going on throughout the series. As you can tell I was an ANTM nerd before then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now