Talk

Advanced search

Frankie Boyle.

(29 Posts)
Anonymumandlikeit Sun 16-Aug-09 23:26:40

I am probably so unpc but he makes me howl with laughter

50ftQueenie Sun 16-Aug-09 23:27:55

I love him too. He is the only reason to watch Mock the Week.

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Sun 16-Aug-09 23:28:27

Yes. But that Beard! WTF?

AnybodyHomeMcFly Sun 16-Aug-09 23:29:03

He's awful but very very funny.

Anonymumandlikeit Sun 16-Aug-09 23:33:07

Yes,the beard is not only ginger,but disturbing.

He has done it from devilment

Even with a ginger beard he is fab,and thatt is saying something

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Mon 17-Aug-09 00:01:31

love him too. that line about margaret thatchers funeral was an absolute classic!!

(and being a scot, i can confirm we would!)

i heard from someone who knew someone who went to a filming of Mock the Week and said some of the stuff that is obviously edited out for being too strong for tv, was knicker-pissing funny and really close to the bone. he's fab.

i also like his attitude, he used to write a column for the Daily Record up here in Scotland, he wrote his usual column including some jokes about Michael Jackson after his death, they did the PC tut-tut you can't say that bit, so he told them to basically F-off and is no longer doing the column. Good on you Frankie, can't stand that attitude of "ooh now they're dead, they are a saint and you can't say anything bad".

mayorquimby Mon 17-Aug-09 11:03:46

if the bbc are editing out stuff i'm shocked they left his princess di joke a couple of seasons ago.

i also like his "fuck you" attitude with regards to telling potentially offensive jokes, but that's probably because a lot of the time those are the jokes i find the funniest.

meridian Mon 17-Aug-09 13:43:42

i love him too... grin

the beard needs to go but love his couldn't give a shit attitude... its one of the few comedy shows on tv that I find hysterical..

Iklboo Mon 17-Aug-09 13:46:10

We're gping to see him NEXT October (yes the tix have gone on sale that early) and can't wait!
If you sign up to his website you get advance notice of tours and podcasts of stuff they couldn't broadcast on Mock The Week

TitsalinaBumsquash Mon 17-Aug-09 13:47:37

I love Frankie! DP and i have tickets to see him next April. i cant wait!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 17-Aug-09 14:36:52

A couple of years ago, I went to Frankie's pre-Edinburgh Festival show - a kind of preview/practice thing. He was on with Craig Hill, who was also absolutely hysterical, and if you think what's broadcast is near the knuckle... shock

Actually, there was only one joke that left us silent with shock, and he took that out before he went to Edinburgh. grin

Disenchanted3 Mon 17-Aug-09 14:39:02

He is fabulous, Mock the week would be shit without him.

Iklboo Mon 17-Aug-09 14:40:04

So when's he being invited on Mumsnet then? grin

TheCrackFox Mon 17-Aug-09 14:44:26

He is so funny. I quite like the fact that he is so un PC.

BadgersArse Mon 17-Aug-09 14:45:51

ooh he is vile

and his twitchy glasses hting

penona Mon 17-Aug-09 14:53:07

DH and I love him on Mock the Week, but were slightly appalled at his live show. Was too close to the bone for me (the opening joke was about Down's syndrome and everyone was quite shocked and he said 'if you don't like that you might as well leave now!')

Bomper Mon 17-Aug-09 15:47:14

Agree Penona, love him on MTW but did not like his live show at all; my mum bought the DVD for dh at Christmas. Got a good price for it when we sold it on ebay though!

Megglevache Mon 17-Aug-09 15:51:31

the BEARD <gag>

Megglevache Mon 17-Aug-09 15:52:08

Most of the stuff he comes out with on MTW has to be cut it's so shocking grin

TitsalinaBumsquash Mon 17-Aug-09 17:35:56

What about Jimmy Carr he has alot of child abuse and disabled jokes in his live show. I like Jimmy Carr ad Frankie Boyle, they don't take the world seriously and make light of everything its a nice escap from a lot of worry.

HarleyQuinn Mon 17-Aug-09 22:28:54

He is brillant on Mock the week, Wasn't that impressed by his live show. ( Thought Dara's was much better grin)

mayorquimby Tue 18-Aug-09 11:05:00

i think jimmy carr is great aswell.

TheCrackFox Tue 18-Aug-09 11:06:25

Jimmy Carr and great do not belong in the same sentence. He is the new Bob Monkhouse, and no, that is not a compliment.

Megglevache Tue 18-Aug-09 19:59:26

LOL he(JC) looks like ds's little lego men with the helmet heads.

I find him strangely alluring and am stalking him via Twatter.

MamazontheDailyMailtakingadump Tue 18-Aug-09 20:00:38

Dp loves his comedy and so we see a lot of comic shows.

FB is his current fave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now