Talk

Advanced search

Corrie - dire at the moment

(19 Posts)
MrsDinky Thu 13-Aug-09 22:11:09

Is it just me, or are things at an all time low? I have almost given up after 30 years of continual viewing. Get rid of the Platts and Joe, Claire and Ashley, Dev and Umed. Split up Steve and Becky, both good characters but they don't work together. As for Kevin and Molly, Tony and Maria - yuck, how unlikely are either of these????

happylina Thu 13-Aug-09 22:18:37

Totally agree - apart from Becky and Steve. Maria and Tony are yuck - very unlikely

themoon66 Thu 13-Aug-09 22:21:33

Tony and Maria are meant to be yuck. Am interested to see how they will pan out.

Does Liz look like she's had so much botox her face doesn't move at all??? I was fascinated and to keep rewinding that bit!

MrsDinky Thu 13-Aug-09 22:31:48

Well, Maria will have to go on maternity leave, presumably about when Carla comes back, so yes, that will be interesting. Surely Maria will have to find out Tony killed Liam one day?

Highly unlikely the way Liz went on holiday and didn't come back for months, I know Bev Callard had personal reasons for needing a break. I like Liz, Lloyd and Steve, think they all bounce off each other very well, so glad she's back.

TBH, if they just got rid of the Platts and Joe, it would make such a huge difference.

themoon66 Thu 13-Aug-09 22:51:04

The actress that plays Maria is pregnant?

Bomper Thu 13-Aug-09 23:07:02

Don't you just HATE that short sleeved jacket thing they make Michelle wear?!

themoon66 Fri 14-Aug-09 09:13:31

God yes... that black jacket that is a very poor fit and makes her look lardy. Most unflattering.

MrsDinky Fri 14-Aug-09 13:07:36

Samia Smith is due in October. So just as she's supposed to be slim again ths story, she's having to cover up. Maybe she needs Michelle's jacket thing!

yada Fri 14-Aug-09 13:10:36

i dont understand the whole joe thing, well i do understand what they are trying to do with him but it has not worked. that episode where he broke into the medical centre was hysterical beyond belief i was nearly wetting myself.

the actress that plays gail may be lovely in real life but in the soap i could just scream when she does all they stupid faces.

themoon66 Fri 14-Aug-09 13:12:44

yada yes! The Gail funny faces... especially laughable is when she 'acts sympathetic and concerned'.. its all fast blinking and mona lisa smile hmm

yada Fri 14-Aug-09 13:14:40

i find it rather pervy actually the way she fondles people.

i remember someone once pointing out that she looked really similar to a deer/reindeer/antelope kind of thing and i cant look at her the same wy now.

Saxonne Fri 14-Aug-09 13:30:41

Any one else watched last night and thought -

1 WTF is going on with Ashley's hair?

2 Lloyd seems to have lost a load of weight?

3 Tony's popping out eye doesn't seem to popout so much anymore now that he is with Maria?

verygreenlawn Fri 14-Aug-09 14:58:31

I love Corrie but some changes are needed. Ashley and Clurr, Joe, Gail (I so hate that hamster face thing she does - and how much longer does she have to be The Professional Doormat?), Molly with The Weird Alsatian Eyes, and Dozie Webster - all must die.

It had a good spell when Ken was carrying on with Captain Crumpet and her Earl Grey, but since then it's gone flat. Bring back the comedy - Blanche and Graham are our only hope.

Oh and only one person could challenge Tony's bid for world power - bring Richard Hillman back from the dead. He may not have had a googly eye like Tony, but he was hilarious. Never found the body in that canal, did they?!

Saxonne Fri 14-Aug-09 15:04:31

Oh how I live in hope for the return of Richard Hillman to finish what he started with chinless Gail and shoulderless David.

And yay to more of Blanche and Graham.

MrsDinky Fri 14-Aug-09 16:20:48

Graham has so much potential. Blanche is the absolute star of the show. If I see Gail doing her chin down, low voice martyred bit again I'm going to scream. Get rid of all the Websters too!

I'm coming round to the Windasses too, although itsn't it strange the way personailties can completely change in 6 months, from being the scum of the earth to the down at luck cheeky rogues. The Eddie and his baking is the sort of touch that makes Corrie different to the other soaps.

yada Fri 14-Aug-09 19:49:17

michelle has that lovely jacket on again grin

Bomper Fri 14-Aug-09 21:09:51

Gorgeous isn't it! wink Blimey poor old Andy McDonald hasn't aged well has he?

Deemented Sat 15-Aug-09 08:32:52

Can someone just slap David Platt - i really can't be doing with him. He makes my teeth itch!

CyradisTheSeer Sat 15-Aug-09 09:53:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now