Talk

Advanced search

So when does Strictly actually start?

(7 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 12-Aug-09 15:00:27

I see they have dropped the Sunday results show. Does anyone know when the new series actually starts?

pleasechange Wed 12-Aug-09 15:10:46

don't know but I'm looking forward to it, despite the controversy! Do we know yet which professional dancers are back? (other than that Karen and Camilla aren't)

PinkPussyCat Wed 12-Aug-09 15:21:54

So do we get the results show back on saturday night like the old days? Waheygrin

TigersChick Wed 12-Aug-09 15:39:55

Looks like it's going to be one 90-minute prog on a Saturday night!
Excellent!

Why isn't Camilla involved this year?

Raahh Wed 12-Aug-09 16:18:48

I'm glad if they have dropped the pretence of the Sunday results thing. The results could always be got on Saturday night, anyway (if you knew where to look). It was just cheap programme making.

I love Strictly- but will miss Arlene and her pointless comments (that always seemed very rehearsed and shoe-horned in for no reason!). grin

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 12-Aug-09 17:22:28

Camilla - retired

Kiwi girl (danced with Foster) - out

I am sure it will be the same as last year - autumn/winter with finish just before Xmas - so can get maximum milage out of the Xmas specials and rival X-Factor

TigersChick Wed 12-Aug-09 22:21:52

Ah - Glad Camilla left from choice.
Digital Spy has it that Hayley (Kiwi girl - danced with Mark Foster) was 'sacked by email' ... which I guess is better than Nicole Culter who found out when she didn't get the contract sent to her so had to phone up and ask why not!!

It says somewhere that there will be 2 Friday-night 'lead in' shows, so we'll get plenty of warning of the serise starting grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now