Talk

Advanced search

The Tudors – it's back Friday 21st Swooonnnn!!!!!

(20 Posts)
MrsWicket Mon 10-Aug-09 13:01:38

Look I know there's not an ugly person in it (even the porr are gorgeous!) and by now Henry should be a bit of a bloater – but....

tis fab!!! grin can't wait - sets Sky+

MrsWicket Mon 10-Aug-09 13:02:11

poor even blush

Squitten Mon 10-Aug-09 13:45:44

Ooooooh - yay! And also nobs as I shall still be in Ireland angry

I've been watching the episode clips on the US website and it looks good! Everyone is still goregous

Wilts Mon 10-Aug-09 13:48:02

Ohh how exciting, I love the Tudors grin

MrsWicket Mon 10-Aug-09 13:50:26

Serious historians hate it

Jonathon Rhys Mayers - siiiiggggghhhhhhhh. grin

Will miss Anne B though – she was great

Slubberdegullion Mon 10-Aug-09 14:00:27

Oh excellent. It is such a load of corsetted bobbins though isn't it? I've just finally finished my massive tome about Henry so am looking forward to giving DH a factually correct debrief after we have watched it, and oh how he will love that hmm.

stleger Mon 10-Aug-09 14:02:50

It'll probably be on TV3 in Ireland, possibly an episode in advance. It is filmed in Dublin and Wicklow. My dh teaches history, he and his friends would love to be extras.

MrsWicket Mon 10-Aug-09 14:15:18

lol Slubber (Which Henry tome did you read?)

stelger envy

bramblebooks Mon 10-Aug-09 14:27:57

mmmm - codpiecetastic. I love it!

Am sniggering about factually correct debrief. Slaps hands and peruses Tudor lending library.

Slubberdegullion Mon 10-Aug-09 14:31:32

This one. Was a pretty good read, although she (the author) got carried away on more occasion with the sex in a Jackie Collins fashion.

Oh and <ahem> <ahem> [know it all, read one book and is now an expert on the subject dullard]
Henry was not a bloater until after Jane Seymour snuffed it. The grief made him stuff his face donchaknow wink

MrsWicket Mon 10-Aug-09 14:53:58

slubber – I stand corrected! (vows to cram up on subject and not just drool.... wink

wasn't Anne of Cleeves suposed to be butt-ugly - Joss Stone plays her....hmm

Slubberdegullion Mon 10-Aug-09 15:22:51

Indeed, The Mare of Flanders she was rather cruelly called. A pox scarred, flaccid breasted giant of a woman (if Ms George is to be believed).

Yes Joss Stone fits the bill perfectly hmm

littleboyblue Mon 10-Aug-09 15:29:08

Last time I saw a thread stating The Tudors was back, I got all excited only to realise the posters were in the USA!
Please tell me this is the UK. grin

I sooooo love the program. Although not factually correct, still very enjoyable.

Good job I have 2 very young ones and don't go out on a friday anyway!

Also please tell me it will be on 'normal' telly and not just sky??????

MrsWicket Mon 10-Aug-09 15:51:52

littleboyblue...

fear not – its on BBC 2 from the 21st (not sure what time 9pm I think). I just need to tape it as DH will rather have teeth pulled than watch it grin

littleboyblue Mon 10-Aug-09 16:06:38

Yay!!!!!!! grin

I managed to get my dp into it. He even ent out and bought series 1 and 2 on dvd for us to watch if we fancy again.

He does not know I sometimes droll over JRM while doing my ironing in the afternoons....

bluebump Wed 12-Aug-09 09:45:27

Woohoo I finally saw the trailer last night, they all look as lovely as before I see, factually incorrect or not i'll be tuning in!

NanBullen Fri 14-Aug-09 20:11:32

Can. Not. Wait.

Love it, love it, love it!!!!

Seem to remember watching it last year and then logging onto mumsnet and joining the tudors thread to find out what actually happened instead of the glammed up bbc version!

NanBullen Fri 14-Aug-09 20:12:58

oh, and am hoping that the women's hairstyles match up to Anne's from last series.

Because obviously this is an important part of tudor history blush

twentyoneagain Tue 18-Aug-09 10:30:51

Oh I am sooo pleased, DD2 said to me just the other day "surely the Tudors must be on TV soon". We are huge fans, I watched the second series and then on the advice of someone here I watched the first (DH bought me the boxed set for birthday) .

Have set TV to series record - can't wait!!

KembleTwins Tue 18-Aug-09 10:34:26

VVV excited! Don't care a monkeys that the "history" is bobbins. Would much rather watch yummy Jonathan R-M than a bloated, ulcerated old bloke doing the part. Am slightly gutted that Jeremy Northam (Fwortham) isn't going to be in this series though. But WILL spend every Friday evening wishing my hair was long enough to weave pearls into it grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now