Talk

Advanced search

Help me! I think i am addicted to 'House'!!

(31 Posts)
Raahh Tue 04-Aug-09 12:24:25

I had never seen it properly before, always clashed with something, so DH got all 5 series and (laid up with swine flu), we have raced through series one. I am loving it.

Sadly it means we have left 'The WIre' halfway through season 4, but so much good telly...i am spoilt! Took my mind off my swollen tonsilsgrin

( I love discovering old series, because it means you don't have to wait for the next episode, iyswim).

Has anyone seen them up to date? Does it stay this good? Or is it really rubbish and my sick brain is playing tricks??
grin

anniemac Tue 04-Aug-09 12:53:01

Message withdrawn

lisasimpson Tue 04-Aug-09 12:57:07

nope, it is still good!

Raahh Tue 04-Aug-09 13:01:22

oh good. i haven't even started watching season 2 yet, but googled to check when season 6 was starting!

morningpaper Tue 04-Aug-09 13:02:36

It just gets better and better

I have a poster of Gregory House above my desk

To my DEEP shame, it replaced the one of Barack Obama

Raahh Tue 04-Aug-09 13:05:57

I am just amazed at how good Hugh Laurie is in it- having been more used to him goofing around in Blackadder and the like.
And Jesse Spencer- I loved him when he was little Billy in Neighboursblush

pasturesnew Tue 04-Aug-09 13:06:02

I love House! I was not that impressed with the choosing new assistants storyline but enjoyed how it played out overall (hope that's not a spoiler). Hugh Laurie is such an amazing actor, I watch House and think, how were you also Bertie Wooster?

Iklboo Tue 04-Aug-09 13:08:00

It remains really good. We've never missed an episode. We love playing 'guess what's wrong with the patient' and I have been right a couple of times.
I really like the interaction between him and Dr Wilson.

lisasimpson Tue 04-Aug-09 13:17:22

oh a poster of Hugh, good idea - must get one!
what a shame we don't have that kind of service in the NHS - where a complicated case comes in and gets dedicated treatment by a group of people (who only seem to deal with one case at a time) and eliminate all possibilities without constant separate referals/trips and actually end up with a diagnosis within days!

Raahh Tue 04-Aug-09 13:17:26

Wilson is such a clever character, really. Sort of in the background, but without him, we would not see the more human side of House.
I am useless at guessing the illness- I think i have sussed one so far!
I like the clinic scenes- my fave so far was when the little boy had been stuffing emergency vehicles up his nose to rescue the cat he put up there first!!

morningpaper Tue 04-Aug-09 13:23:48

I have this above my desk

Dh is hmm

Macdog Tue 04-Aug-09 13:26:37

Love it, love it, love it!!

Don't have Sky, so am working my way through the box sets until the new one comes out!

Raahh Tue 04-Aug-09 13:27:43

lol! MP!

pleasechange Tue 04-Aug-09 13:30:00

I love it too. Morningpaper that is a great picture!

CyradisTheSeer Tue 04-Aug-09 13:34:20

Message withdrawn

verygreenlawn Tue 04-Aug-09 16:06:54

I'm an addict - I've got quite good at guessing the illness (though tbh you can sound quite convincing if you just throw in the odd "is it lupus?"). It's consistently good - very difficult to find a weak episode. And yes, I think it's remained great throughout the series.

We love what we call the 8.52 pm moment - a seemingly innocent remark by someone leading House to realise what the patient has been suffering with all along.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Aug-09 16:29:16

oh it is splendid

House himslef is obviously wonderous but (young as I am) I nealry swooned when I saw how my adolescent crush from Neighbours had turned out...

AppleTreeWick Wed 05-Aug-09 13:06:31

Very green lawn - you should also always remember to check for strep

EustaciaVye Wed 05-Aug-09 13:12:12

Love it. DH and I play House bingo. My favourite is "Everybody Lies" although I havent bheard it much this series. And we love how they always break into the patients house.

Raahh Wed 05-Aug-09 20:39:50

the breaking into patients houses is hilarious- no-one ever notices!!

And House bingo sounds cool- we already watch out for someone to diagnose vasculitis (sp)
And the 8.52 moment- it is SOO true.

Have just watched the penultimate episode of season 1 (so loads to go still)- loved the whole story of how House got his leg problem (and his fetish for Carmen Electra!!!).

verygreenlawn Wed 05-Aug-09 22:37:54

Raah I love that episode - the one with the hypothetical patients - so clever.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 05-Aug-09 22:43:19

Hands off all of you beeatches. House is mine.

vjg13 Thu 06-Aug-09 09:29:12

I lurved the bus crash one, very surreal. Also the end of the series is usually v good.

MelvinIsABigGirlNow Fri 07-Aug-09 18:50:58

Tank you Morningpaper for that pic - it's now my screen saver - I shall never get any work done now lol

Squitten Fri 07-Aug-09 18:51:06

Yay for the House appreciation!

We've just finished season 2 on DVD and even DH got totally hooked and he hates TV as a rule.

Most astonishing is the massive crush that I've developed on Hugh Laurie! Didn't see that coming....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now