Talk

Advanced search

Ok I am confused about Tracey in Eastenders

(21 Posts)
Jic Mon 03-Aug-09 22:52:41

What a fab job that one's got. She must have been in it years now, that one behind the bar in the vic. I mean she hardly syas a word, although she did tonight actually, and still gets to be in it. What's the point though? I wonder why they don't make her a aproper character?

RubyBlueberry Mon 03-Aug-09 22:54:42

I want to know how much she gets paid. Is it as much as say, Charlie Slater? She had a TV programme all about her actually a while back, was quite funny. She does say about one word a week, bless. Wonder if RADA was worth it

MagNacarta Mon 03-Aug-09 22:55:35

If she doesn't speak and is just background then she's an 'extra' and gets paid a daily rate - so no contract etc. If she had a proper storyline etc then she'd be paid a lot more. It's likely that she hasn't been bumped up from extra because she doesn't have the acting ability (feel bad saying it in case she's MN'). There are others like her in the market, Jonathan Ross's mum used to be one, might still be.

Jic Mon 03-Aug-09 23:01:17

I can imagine a lot of extras being v v jealous of her gig. Regular work, paid about £70 a day I think the going rate is, not bad, although I reckon she's on a bit more than that though. Hope she's a mnetter- go Traaaceyyy!

SameAsYou Mon 03-Aug-09 23:03:31

And Winston!

Jic Mon 03-Aug-09 23:07:03

Who's Winston?

RubyBlueberry Mon 03-Aug-09 23:13:03

OMG Winston is on the cd stall!! Stacey flirts with him when there is no-one else around

SameAsYou Mon 03-Aug-09 23:14:15

The black guy who is usually around the market - also do you remember Big Ron!

"Tracey has only been in Eastenders since 1986. Winston first appeared in December 1985, Eastenders having launched in February of that year"

Sorry not really a geek on EE but did this on a works quiz!

NoReturnsPlease Mon 03-Aug-09 23:15:18

My mate was an extra on EE years ago and was very jealous of Winston!

It has to do with being directed by the director, then you get more money <<<<thinks >>>>

oh dear

that didnt sound right, did it..............

Jic Tue 04-Aug-09 07:01:57

OMG I have no idea who Winston is I'm really going to have to brush up on my EE knowledge, and I call myself a fan! I have been on it actually, twas loads of fun.

motheroftwoboys Tue 04-Aug-09 12:50:03

There used to be three different rates for extras.

Rate 1 - for just standing around.
Rate 2 - for "as directed" ie director tells you to walk from A to B, look happy/sad whatever
Rate 3 - if you spoke the odd word.
The difference in the rates wasn't great - about £10. However now all extras get paid the same, as OP says - about £70 a day that can be very long, cold and boring.

An extra isn't normally a trained actor or actress with an agent. Just someone who does it as a bit of fun. A regular extra - like the people who play Tracy and Winston may get a little bit more - but not a lot! Also remember they do all the scenes involving extra in one day then spreak them around so they prob don't work many days at all.

Raahh Tue 04-Aug-09 12:59:32

Last year, Tracey had a whole speech with Sean Slater. It was so surreal i had to start a thread about it!
Don't think she has done it again since!

Jic Tue 04-Aug-09 15:08:55

oh yeah Raahh I remember that now!

braveandcrazy Wed 05-Aug-09 18:19:26

I can't believe Tracey and Winston get paid the same as other extras, surely there is a difference between regular actors, extras and regular extras?

Jonathon Ross's mum got the sack for leaking story lines to her son (Paul, not Jonathon if I recall).

Maybe they do it for the fame, not the dosh.

Jic Wed 05-Aug-09 21:25:40

I think they definitely do it for the fame braveandcrazy, not the money! I saw winston last night for the first time. Tracey and him must be the ferraris of the extra world.

PlumBumMum Wed 05-Aug-09 21:28:20

Tracey had abit of acting to do when Den got killed, no?

Jic Wed 05-Aug-09 21:32:17

Erm, can't remember now Plum but when I was in it, I had a coffee and a chat with the Den himself, quite nice he was too.

PlumBumMum Wed 05-Aug-09 21:35:18

ohh Jic who were you?? grin

Yeap I think she shouted after someone, Sam Mitchell I think, and then got a wack on the head,(suppose that will teach her for trying to steal an acting rolegrin)

Jic Wed 05-Aug-09 21:45:49

Weeelll, since you asked <very proud> I played a nurse who was looking after Jane's husband who died of a terrible disease. I was on for about 8 episodes, a bit blink and you'd miss me but it was so much fun, and everyone was lovely.
lol at Tracey getting a smack for trying to get a decent acting role!

Tigerlion Thu 06-Aug-09 00:49:52

I think the milkman has been there since the first episode. And there is always an extra at the bar who looks identical to Johnny Allen. And recently there have been a lot of Asians who are sometimes at the tube station. I remember you Jic. Congratulations!
I was at school with someone who is playing/ played Bashra and very impressed by her having such old daughters when she is only 31 or so herself!

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 06-Aug-09 15:28:05

i remeber winston and big ron smile

tracey seems to survive on wages from her market stool and the odd shift in the pub grin

i do remember her having a big speaking role a while back, and both dh and i were omg, she has said more than one word, or normally she nods when asked if she can take over at bar etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now