Talk

Advanced search

V for Vendetta is surprisingly good, but I have an embarassing confession . . .

(10 Posts)
bran Sat 01-Aug-09 23:10:51

I wasn't watching properly at the beginning as I was also online and I thought that I had severely underestimated Keira Knightly as she obviously could act and wasn't a sulky, self-obsessed piece of wood as I had previously though. Then DH pointed out that it was actually Natalie Portman. blush

bran Sun 02-Aug-09 10:54:21

Didn't anyone else watch this on BBC3 last night? At least someone reassure me that Keira and Natalie look slightly similar and anyone could make the same mistake. blush

Penthesileia Sun 02-Aug-09 11:24:31

Never seen it.

But didn't Keira Knightley play Natalie Portman's "double" in one of the later Star Wars films? There's a scene where the princess played by Portman tricks people who are chasing her by having one of her ladies-in-waiting, who is a lookey-likey, pretend to be her - and that was Keira. Hmmm. Off to google, I think... grin

Penthesileia Sun 02-Aug-09 11:25:51

If you google KK and NP, you'll see there are thousands of sites commenting on their "separated-at-birthness". You are not alone. grin

bran Sun 02-Aug-09 11:35:54

Oh yes Penthiesileia, 1,860,000 results for "Keira Knightly and Natalie Portman". Perhaps ability to act is the only sure way to tell them apart. grin

Penthesileia Sun 02-Aug-09 11:37:28

grin

JackieNo Sun 02-Aug-09 19:09:43

lol. We enjoyed this, rather to our surprise. For some reason it reminded me of the Doctor Who episodes The Sound of Drums and The Last of the Time Lords.

bran Sun 02-Aug-09 19:42:37

grin It was quite Dr Who-esque wasn't it?

There was a section when the policeman was talking about how the Conservatives had released a virus into their own population in order to rule the country by fear and win the election that rather put me in mind of the current hysteria over Swine Flu. [paranoid emoticon] I put my theory to DH and he said it could be possible that the Conservatives have masterminded a pandemic in order to oust Labour except that they're probably not intelligent enough to organise it. grin We have a low opinion of the general morality of politicians in our house.

JackieNo Sun 02-Aug-09 20:20:27

Yes, that made me think of swine flu too. It was all too plausible, in some ways, wasn't it.

PortAndLemon Sun 02-Aug-09 20:54:41

Agree with Penthesileia -- Keira Knightley's first hogh-profile role was playing Natalie Portman's character's security double in Star Wars Episode 1 so they are officially pretty similar.

V fr Vendetta the movie rather dodges some of the moral/ethical/political issues of the graphic novel by over-simplifying the underlying history/issues, IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now