Talk

Advanced search

Trueblood on FX

(145 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Sat 01-Aug-09 08:01:06

HOw utterly fantastic...I am entirely hooked.

the two leads are a RL item and my goodness it shows...I've started reading the books (am on the third already, pulp fiction but fab with it.

RealityIsHavingAPartay Sat 01-Aug-09 08:20:39

Message withdrawn

PatTheHammer Sat 01-Aug-09 08:27:44

Only watched the first episode so far.........It's filth grin.

Gripping filth though, I hasten to sdd!

PatTheHammer Sat 01-Aug-09 08:28:33

add even, I need a new flippin keyboard!

DeathbyDora Sat 01-Aug-09 08:31:15

I got my mum into it as well and then realised as we watched the crazy humping on the bed scene last night that my rather straight-laced dad was probably watching it with her!

SausageRocket Sat 01-Aug-09 08:34:50

Man Bill is hot. He is from Essex in RL !

Love it. Even DH likes it.

Just how stupid is Jason though?! He plays the dumb redneck to a tee.

tegan Sat 01-Aug-09 08:49:35

sky + last nights but have watched 1 and 2, still taking me a while to get into properly but it is pretty good.

I do have a slight problem watching jason, all i can think of is him in h&a. was watching h&a yesterday and wondered if vj knows what his dad is up to these days

SausageRocket Sat 01-Aug-09 08:51:23

oh THAT'S where he is from ! I thought I recognised him from somewhere.

PatTheHammer Sat 01-Aug-09 08:54:41

Yep, He is Vinnie from home and away and Bill has been in loads of stuff. A few years ago he was in NY-lon if anyone remembers that. Definitely DON'T mind watching him at all grin.

Strangely my DH loves it too sausage......wonder why!

SausageRocket Sat 01-Aug-09 09:08:44

I can't think, Pat. It's a mystery, isn't it ?! LOL

LuluMaman Sat 01-Aug-09 09:10:23

yes, am enjoying it

it is a bit silly and rude, but hey ! gotta get your kicks where you can

bill is nice grin looks a right dirty boy

can;t believe jason was in home and away

what must Alf be thinking !?!

SausageRocket Sat 01-Aug-09 09:21:43

Ooooh, I know. When he does the 'thirsty' look from under his lashes I come over all unnecessary.

tegan Sat 01-Aug-09 10:26:00

I do have visions of him shagging poor innocent leah like that everytime i see her

Heathcliffscathy Sat 01-Aug-09 11:08:43

it is so fabulous. the books are great too, i'm chewing them up!!!

sookie is a fantastic herione, not clever clever, but kind and loads of grit.

bill is....HOT! and i never think that about people on tv.

[lulu, thank you SO much, it is beautiful and you are so generous...]

xxx

LuluMaman Sat 01-Aug-09 12:35:13

<<it;s a pleasure soph smile>>

SausageRocket Sat 01-Aug-09 13:20:21

The lad who plays Jason must spend his life in the gym. I am sort of fascintaed, aroused and repulsed by his body in equal measure.

I bought the first book today but I'm holding off reading it because I don't want to spoil the series by finding out stuff too soon.

tegan Sat 01-Aug-09 13:39:19

I don't think the books really run parallel to the tv programme from what i jhave heard they are quite different

Heathcliffscathy Sat 01-Aug-09 14:19:27

they are absolutely spot on in some ways and entirely different in others for eg the character tara doesn't feature (at least not in the first 3 books)...

i'm off the bookshop to get the fourth...addicted doesn't really cover it.

mananny Sat 01-Aug-09 14:34:40

I watched the first season in the US last year and am now watching season 2 via the web. It's fabulous. Bill is divine although Sookie is annoying now. But the storyline is great, very scary at the moment! Everyone I know in the US is addicted.

JulesJules Sun 09-Aug-09 13:29:48

DH and I are loving this Fangs and Bangs. There is a lot more sex and violence than in the books - which are teenage fiction.

Managed to miss ep 1 and happily watched all 3 eps last night on "True Blood Catch Up" - bliss.

Love the way he says Ssssucky grin

Season 1 dvd is out in October...

TwoIfBySea Sun 09-Aug-09 19:29:06

I'm probably going to sound a right sap here but when Bill asked Sookie "May I call on you sometime?" Oh...!

If men thought they'd have a hard time living up to a nation of women in love will dopey Edward then god help them as Bill definitely has it in spades.

TwoIfBySea Sun 09-Aug-09 21:04:45

And as I've killed this thread good and proper I'll also add - "Suuukkiie is mahyn." As said while looking up through eyelashes and smouldering.

<Waits Miss Haversham-style for a new dp who will say "Tyyybbss is mahyn" to similar affect.>

wintera Sun 09-Aug-09 22:23:16

Apparently Bill and Sookie announced their engagement (in real life) the other day. Every time I see Sookie - Anna Paquin though I just see that little girl from The Piano! Anyone else remember when she was absolutely speechless when she won the oscar? Bet it's on youtube somewhere! Will go and have a look now!

Wilts Sun 09-Aug-09 22:28:28

Oh we have just started watching this as well. When Dh put it on I assumed it would be his typical rubbish, but I am quite liking it.

I knew I recognised the actor who plays Jason as well, so looked him up and he was Vinnie in Home and Away grin

Wilts Sun 09-Aug-09 22:29:40

Ummm should probably read the whole thread before I post, just noticed the other post about Vinnie from H and A blush grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now