Talk

Advanced search

Explain to me about Firefly?

(18 Posts)
TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 20:42:51

How does it relate to Serenity?

I saw the film, probbaly 3 years ago, and now I'm watching the series. Is the film a speeded-up version of the series? Or is it an alternative imagining or something?

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 21:09:44

Come on, pleeeeease? I don't understand how they fit together, and I know that some of you do.

Well if you use the film to know how the doc broke his sister out and then ignore the rest of the film and pretend the series started then.

Deanna1977 Fri 31-Jul-09 21:55:38

It is actually the sequel to the first (& sadly only) season. It's a speeded up 2nd season really...

Firefly was fab. Should never have been cancelled.

Poledra Fri 31-Jul-09 21:57:22

Oh Firefly is fab!! Deanna has explained it all to you, so you don't need my help, I just had to come and say I loved it grin.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.

Deanna1977 Fri 31-Jul-09 22:01:11

Ah now Poledra, you have made me sad... poor Wash. sad

At least we now have Dollhouse - (not a patch on Firefly but watchable).

wrigglershouse Fri 31-Jul-09 22:03:26

What a fantastic series and film. I have no idea why firefly got pulled after only 1 series but actually the film is so great its almost worth it.

Poledra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:46:14

Haven't watched Dollhouse - what's it like please?

Didn't mean to make you sad - will this cheer you up?

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:47:10

You don't all fancy him do you?

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:48:40

I think it got cancelled because hardly anyone watched it, somehow it only got popular on DVD or something.

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:50:22

I like Dollhouse, it is in the 'real world' with Eliza Dushku. The Dollhouse is a place where people are programmed with personalities for 'assignments' (as you can imagine much of this is essentially very specific prostitution).

Poledra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:53:08

By TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:47:10

You don't all fancy him do you?

Weeeeeeell

<Pol looks at DH, slumped under a duvet on the sofa watching a film>

yes actually - don't you? grin

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:56:04

Sadly don't really fancy any of them.

Well, the girl who is a sophisticated space whore is pretty hot.

Blackduck Fri 31-Jul-09 22:56:14

firefly is real slow burn as a series and that was the problem,plus the studio insisted on showing the second episode first so anyone watching was hmm. They wanted an instant hit and high ratings and it just didn't happen... westerns in space is what dp and I call it - I love it..(but don't fancy him)

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:58:01

They're space cowboy pirates. And I know that the teeny little girl is a ninja! grin

Poledra Fri 31-Jul-09 22:59:01

Clearly, I'm desperate. smile Though what I will say is that I do not fancy the actor, only the character, in the same way that I do not fancy Neil Pearson, only his character in Between the Lines.

G'night all.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 31-Jul-09 22:59:04

It got canceled because Fox network put it on at odd hours, and nobody ever knew when it was on. Then Fox went, "Oh, nobody's watching this, we'll cancel it." Then when it came out on DVD and everybody realised how utterly awesome it was people bought it.

Basically Fox are shit and that's why it never took off. They did the same with "Drive" (another Nathan Fillion series).

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 23:00:59

I hate bad scheduling. I always thought Stargate should have been on BBC2 on a Wednesday or Thursday evening, in the scifi slot. Instead Channel 4 put it on a Sunday afternoon at variable times, which was shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now