Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dispatches - anyone else watch it........

(6 Posts)
Gwenick Mon 23-May-05 21:36:04

I was amazed at the way Labour went about their campaign - I didn't watch all of it as by 3/4 of the way through I wanted to throw something at the TV

So any Labour "Endorsers" here on MN??

TwoIfBySea Tue 24-May-05 00:00:04

I would imagine anyone voting Labour should be feeling very foolish after this programme.

So much for democracy.

Bugsy2 Tue 24-May-05 10:39:55

Oh my God, I was horrified. I thought I was a fairly sophisticated, cynical person but I could not believe how shocked I was. A campaign of lies and deception. It just makes you realise that if they are prepared to lie to get letters in local papers, they are certainly going to lie about the big stuff.
I've never liked Tony Blair, always thought he'd lie to his own children if he had to but now I am sickened by him and all the morally corrupt people who work for him.
I'm sure the other parties play unfairly too, but clearly not with the endemic success of the Labour Party.

Gwenick Tue 24-May-05 10:41:00

I thought it was 'interesting' that ths Astroturf (Fake Grassroots) idea comes from America............

Bugsy2 Tue 24-May-05 10:47:50

Watching that programme I really did feel, and actually still do feel, a sense of despair about the state of politics and morality in the UK.
It was as though, no stunt was beneath them, no distortion of the truth beyond them to the point of actual deception & lies.
No wonder people are so disenchanted with politics & politicians. I actually feel angry enough to write to Tony Blair and anyone else appropriate I can find!!!!

JoolsToo Tue 24-May-05 10:54:03

Yes - I saw it.

The thing that struck me most about it was the lengths they went to so Tony Blair could not be questioned directly - sounds like a man with no answers! (Let's not forget either he would not be televised in a 3 party leader debate).

I'm also surprised that the BBC didn't report this on the news (unless I missed it)- Andrew Marr was quite clearly peed off by the blocking of TB at one of the conferences.

The Labour Party said they would not comment until after the programme had been shown - I'm all ears!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now