Talk

Advanced search

Me and my movie: BBC workshops for children

(5 Posts)
prettybird Tue 28-Jul-09 18:35:16

Just wondered if any other mumsnetters' children were going to attend/had attended one of these workshops. Ds was at one of the ones in Glasgow today and thoroughly enjoyed himself.

I found myslef looking at the other parents waiting to see the films that the children had produced at the end of the day and wondering if any of them where Mumsnetters hmmgrin

Alternatively - anyone who was visitng the Scince Centre in Glasgow might have seen some of the children running around as they made their films.

southeastastra Tue 28-Jul-09 18:48:44

what sort of films do they learn? ds(8) is desperate to learn how to do youtube lego

prettybird Tue 28-Jul-09 19:12:06

Essnetially they were divided into small groups of about 8 and then devised a story and filmed, starred in and editted it themselves, with the help of the BBC people. I think the groups were divided roughly according to age groups (they ranged from 6 to 12). There were 8 groups at today's Glasgow workshop.

Apparently they used "i-movies" to edit them (adding music, sound effects and other special effects, depneind on who well they had managed their time). Ds was an old man in the film he was in na d had had his face made up and wore a white wig. They also used various props, eg a walking stick.

Each of the movies was only 2 minutes long.

Ds tells me that he found out that these are run every year, so he wants to apply again next year. He found it on the CBBC web-site and applied ages ago. The closing date was 4 July and they called us the following day to tell him he had got a place.

southeastastra Wed 29-Jul-09 09:22:42

that sounds fab! i'd have loved that at that age. will check out the site

prettybird Wed 29-Jul-09 11:23:18

The applications for the local events have closed for this year but if you to "me and my movie" there is lots of other advice and help for aspiring film directors

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now