Talk

Advanced search

The street anyone watch this tonight?

(23 Posts)
mum2samandalex Mon 20-Jul-09 22:25:40

with anna friel started watching it half way bu it seemed really good. Was it a one off drama does anyone know and was tonights the first episode?

Sallypuss Mon 20-Jul-09 22:29:29

It's a series of individual stories and this is the second of a new series. Thought tonight's was wonderful. Just been in floods of tears watching it (whilst ironing!). The series is written by a guy called Jimmy McGovern who wrote 'Clocking Off' and Cracker (I think?) who's just fantastic imo and gets me every time.

Sorry gushing now after my second glass of wine...grin

Marthasmama Mon 20-Jul-09 22:32:24

It was good wasn't it? I was surprised and very pleased to see a third series, I thought it was finished after the two. The last one of the second series was harrowing!

Honeymum Mon 20-Jul-09 23:03:57

I thought Anna Friel was fabulous! Great series. Anyone watching "Moving On" which was also on tonight and first shown during the day about a month or two ago?

wintera Mon 20-Jul-09 23:16:15

I love The Street! Last week's with Bob Hoskins was very good indeed. I cried buckets at the scene where she was begging for a place in the school for her sons. Took me by surprise how emotional I got! Anna Friel is very good at those emotional scenes.

FreddoBaggyMac Tue 21-Jul-09 09:50:26

Twas one of the best things I've seen on telly ever! certainly proved Anna Friel's acting ability...
A great drama about motherhood - I'm surprised it is not being more widely discussed on mumsnet! It certainly made me think.

lazymumofteenagesons Tue 21-Jul-09 20:49:17

Had the vicar at the school actually been one of her clients? Was he the client we saw leaving when she took a phone call?

southeastastra Wed 22-Jul-09 09:08:29

yes vicar was one of hers.

i thought the whole programme was sort of hmm very unbelievable schmultz.

SlartyBartFast Wed 22-Jul-09 09:16:52

i didnt watch it because i am not keen on anna friel.
was it worth it to see on iplayer?

i had a good laugh at supersizers grin

southeastastra Wed 22-Jul-09 13:19:24

no it's not worth watching, totally shite imo grin

AnyFucker Wed 22-Jul-09 13:20:49

Anna Friel has a fabulous bum though, doesn't she ?

DH's eyes were on stalks !

wintera Wed 22-Jul-09 20:35:59

I liked it but last week's with Bob Hoskins was better though!

chosenone Wed 22-Jul-09 20:39:38

It was brillant! I really rate Jimmy Mgovern, all of them have been interesting stories and cleverly written, next weeks looks like a tough one, a soldier returns from Afghanistan with secvere facial injuries

chosenone Wed 22-Jul-09 20:40:03

severe

sincitylover Sat 25-Jul-09 21:00:25

I thought she played the single mum thing very well

dietstartstomorrow Sun 26-Jul-09 16:52:06

Watched it on iplayer, and thought it was good. Anna played the poor single mum really well.

Did think it was a bit OTT with the prossy stuff though.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 27-Jul-09 11:50:10

was very good - yes she shagged the vicay

dh was amazed to see her norks grin in the shower scene

tonights one with the soldier is meant to be very good - actor spent over 4hrs in make up each day to create scars/burns etc

CDMforever Mon 27-Jul-09 22:36:46

The Street was excellent yet again tonight. Thought Jonas Armstrong was superb as were all the other actors. Love the series, always makes me cry.

wintera Tue 04-Aug-09 19:31:10

Anyone else see Big cook Ben in the street last night? He looked very different!!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 05-Aug-09 18:40:28

fab epidsode

cocolepew Wed 05-Aug-09 18:41:34

Which one was Big Cook Ben?

cocolepew Wed 05-Aug-09 18:44:46

Was he Duffy?! shock

wintera Wed 05-Aug-09 22:27:42

Re - Big cook - I don't know what his name was but he was the guy who actually saved her. The mate who was on invalidity. He looked a lot different though. Think he has put weight on, plus the skinhead look. He looked a bit like Phil Mitchell!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now