Talk

Advanced search

BBC3 Underage and pregnant

(50 Posts)
elvislives Mon 20-Jul-09 20:49:24

Anyone else watching this? Twin sisters of 15, one with a baby and the other pregnant. Parents have already had to give up their bedroom for the boyfriend and baby, and now there's another one coming.

BertieBotts Mon 20-Jul-09 21:05:42

Will probably watch on iplayer tomorrow as DP not keen on the idea.

juneybertiebottsbean Mon 20-Jul-09 21:05:50

I watched it, I couldn't believe it lol

elvislives Mon 20-Jul-09 21:06:49

Where on earth will they put boyf and baby no 2?

candyfluff Wed 22-Jul-09 12:19:28

oh my good god !!!!
i sat open mouthed throughout all of this programme
the twins looked more like 11 yr olds ,im so shocked .if i was their mum id be devastated not only once but twice !!!
the only redeeming feature is that the dad stayed around for his son which many young guys wouldnt entertain

nappyaddict Thu 23-Jul-09 01:10:40

I'm watching this on iplayer.

I actually think Charlotte and Lewis are quite mature and really good parents. I say good on them both. The only thing I would say that's slightly negative is that she wants to be treated as Kenzie's mum but then she wouldn't phone up the CTF people she got her mum to do it for her.

I don't think that Allannah's pregnancy was an accident either tbh. Bit late now though for her boyfriend to say he doesn't want the baby!

Alambil Thu 23-Jul-09 02:57:31

NA, I've had my mum ring the benefits office and I'm 26....

I get nowhere with them, they read I was pregnant at 19 and treat me like I'm a silly teenage mum...

My mum gets on the phone at her 50 years and gets results. It's damned annoying - I'm 26 ffs but they don't treat me like it at all (they = benefits) so I can totally see why she got her mum to ring them!

nappyaddict Thu 23-Jul-09 11:01:15

I can understand that LewisFan, as when I ring people up they often won't speak to me because I never got round to switching DS' child benefit over into my name and I have to pass it over to my mum. The thing was that she didn't even try. If she'd rung up and got nowhere and then asked her mum to go on I think it would have been better.

BertieBotts Thu 23-Jul-09 11:46:37

I agree - Alannah def got pg on purpose, even if she didn't quite realise it herself. I bet she thought it would bring her close to her sister again

I think that Charlotte and Lewis were really mature. Lewis at 15 came across as more mature than my DP at 26! I felt quite sad for Alannah though because she obviously badly wanted the happy family her sister had and only realised that it's not a given by the time it was too late.

MadameOvary Thu 23-Jul-09 11:49:32

A message at the end said that Alannah and Cory were back together which made NINE people in that house.
No wonder they wanted to fit a chastity belt to the ten year old.
Did think it was a good doc though, sad rather than sensationalist.

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Thu 23-Jul-09 11:51:32

she had already phoned them and they wouldn'tdeal with her because she was under 16. this was her mum phoning to try and get them to deal with the daughter.

the 2nd twin def got pregnant on pur[pose or attention-she didn't like all the fuss her sister and the baaby were getting.

i just think it's really sad. they were 15-they shouldn't even have been having sex at 15. what's wrong with snogging and holding hands?
why do they have to grwo up so quickly these days? always have to be more and more adult when they should be enjoying being kids-

nappyaddict Thu 23-Jul-09 12:02:07

oh i must have gone out of the room for the part where she already rang them.

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Thu 23-Jul-09 13:03:48

you didn't see it-it was just explained

Ladylou83 Mon 03-Aug-09 23:43:31

Have just been watching all the episodes on Iplayer, and to my horror was shocked to see that the school that the first episode was at is my old school. My gosh, I know it was only 7 years that I was there, but no one was preggers when I was there (how old do I sound?).

Its scary watching the programme. A rude awakening for some of them Im sure

candyfluff Tue 04-Aug-09 08:47:33

anyone watch last nights?
the poor girl who was in labour for 57 hrs -why on earth did they let her suffer that long before a c-section?
bet she dont do that again in a hurry !!!

nappyaddict Tue 04-Aug-09 14:24:14

I was a bit hmm that Caroline didn't want to get the morning after pill because she felt she was too young and would be embarrassed. Yes cos it's much better to ignore it and end up pregnant when you're obviously not ready for a baby! If you're too embarrassed to sort out contraception or emergency contraception then IMO you're not ready for sex let alone a baby.

I felt like saying to Cain when he was making excuses as to why he couldn't look after Stanley - you could get a bike trailer or seat you know grin

I can understand that sometimes people forget to take a pill or might forget to use a condom if they are drunk (like Chloe) but if that's the case why don't they take the MAP?

If they let Chloe's mum have parental responsibility is it something she will have forever or is it something they can remove later on? I don't think it's a good idea tbh especially if it means she will have it forever and she will take over too much. I couldn't believe she felt she should be at the birth rather than Gary!! Surely she should be encouraging them to be responsible for their own child and make all the parental decisions for themselves. Saying that Chloe said she didn't know what parental responsibility was yet was willing to give it her mum without even finding out, so maybe her mum is right to be concerned that they may need help making big decisions?

Chloe's mum is definitely taking over too much doing night feeds and having the baby in her room. She said she would only do it on the condition that Chloe pulled her weight in the day but she said she doesn't really feed him so I can't see how she's pulling her weight tbh. Yes it is boring when they take a day and an age to feed but that's what TVs, radios and books are for! Chloe's mum said she didn't mind cos she enjoyed it but I can almost guarantee later on when Chloe's mum actually wants Chloe to do more there will be so many rows because Chloe won't be used to it as her mum's done so much for her to begin with.

Seen the preview for the next one where they say they kept forgetting to take the pill. Erm change to something like the injection then!!

littleducks Tue 04-Aug-09 16:42:00

I watched last nights episode on tv then caught up on i player

The parents all seem to have dealt with it differently, I was a bit hmm at Charlotte's mum and dad letting her bf move in but then when some of the other girls seemed to just hand the baby over to their mums I did wonder if Charlotte's parents were right to say they would care for baby from 8.30 till 4 while they were at school but the rest of the time it was their responsibility

siouxsieandthebanshees Tue 04-Aug-09 23:59:57

I too have been watching this series.
I also agree that Allanah (the twin) got pregnant on purpose.
The one that worried me the most, was the teenager that used to live in Spain, she seemed to be allowed to live a very decedant lifestyle over there, and it does seem that she is still allowed a lot of freedom now too.

bootygirl Wed 05-Aug-09 00:06:52

that was the first episode i seen. What annoyed me most was that the mum was ill and was sleeping on the floor?
i mean that poor man was trying to run a business to support all these kids?

TinyPawz Wed 05-Aug-09 00:54:02

what channel does this show be on?

TinyPawz Wed 05-Aug-09 00:54:54

sorry....bit daft. It's in the title

rimmer Wed 05-Aug-09 09:56:09

what about that lad gary? He didn't give a shit at all so far as I can see. But the girls mum totally took over. They said since baby born the actual baby's mum had few him a few times and changed his clothes and nappy meanwhiile the nan was doing everything. Totally bizarre. The nan was a control freak???

Moosy Wed 05-Aug-09 10:03:36

What gets me most about this program is that they all labour on their backs in bed and they don't appear to BF at all. They need more education on how to deal with pregnancy/birth/feeding and the fact that they're very young seems to mean they miss out more on this.

nappyaddict Tue 11-Aug-09 02:28:33

Just watched the latest one. I was very hmm at Kacey's boyfriend who said I hope she doesn't keep ringing me asking for help cos I like my freedom. Sorry mate but it doesn't work like that when you become a parent! Least he did try to be really hands on in the end though.

babyignoramus Tue 11-Aug-09 12:14:32

I felt the same about Kacey's boyfriend - I think he was a bit immature and didn't really have a clue about what it was going to be like!! Even during the labour he seemed to be making inappropriate comments - 'I'm glad it's not me (laughs)' hmm

He seemed to knuckle down in the end though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now