Talk

Advanced search

X-Factor - anyone know when it starts?

(20 Posts)
Birdly Mon 20-Jul-09 07:10:07

Wouldn't want to miss it! grinblush

LovingTheRain Mon 20-Jul-09 17:15:28

Sources tell me it's september this year with the auditions, but nothing has been 'announced' offically yet I don't think! wink

noddyholder Mon 20-Jul-09 17:16:31

Hopefully never

smartiejake Mon 20-Jul-09 17:21:55

I had heard that they have started the audition process but they had to do some of them again as they had decided to do them in front of a live audience (like they do for Britain's got talent)

I think the programmes are shown from the end of August onwards as the final live show is usually around christmas.

MerlinsBeard Mon 20-Jul-09 17:25:58

On TV you mean? They are onto the judges auditions in RL now (there are 1/2 other auditions unfilmed before this)

Its usually october ish

Raahh Mon 20-Jul-09 18:20:30

last year it was really early on tv- 16th August- dds birthday which is why i remembergrin

bigchris Mon 20-Jul-09 18:22:58

it's usually four weeks of auditions

is simon cowell still going to be on it? i'd heard he'd quit which will be the end of it imo

big bro very dull this yr too, wonder if reality tv has had its day?

AmazingBouncingFerret Mon 20-Jul-09 18:23:10

Ive heard it starts in September.

TwoIfBySea Mon 20-Jul-09 18:53:48

I suppose it will be scheduled for whenever works out for the Christmas No. 1. Pity no one cares anymore thanks to that show.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 20-Jul-09 18:55:32

There is no way Simon Cowell would quit this show - his ego would be unable to bear it grin

Birdly Tue 21-Jul-09 07:44:47

Thanks for the info.

I was trying to work my way back, as I know they usually release the winning single around the beginning of December, hoping for it to be the Christmas number one, then there are 9-10 weeks of live shows before that, then 'judges' homes' (ha!), boot camp and auditions before that.

I know I need to get out more, but this is one of the very few telly progs that I watch! grin blush

Raahh Tue 21-Jul-09 11:01:18

lol!
Ahhh, the memories, Saturday nights mumsnetting about the crap singing- you have to join in with the x-factor drinking game, too. Spot the clche-
'you made that song your own'
'you owned the stage'
'you picked the wrong song- but it was your mentor's fault'
'you remind me of a young mariah/westlife/michael buble'
etc etc
I need to get out more , too...

Raahh Tue 21-Jul-09 11:02:05

cliche

digitalgirl Tue 04-Aug-09 13:32:22

It starts in about 3 weeks time. ITV will probably start promoting trailers of it this weekend as the sponsor has just been announced.

I'm going to be chained to the telly, my Dsis got through to the final 50!!!! grin

CyradisTheSeer Tue 04-Aug-09 13:40:47

Message withdrawn

wannaBe Tue 04-Aug-09 13:57:32

it's three auditions before the judges auditions.

They've had to change it though to make it auditions in front of a live audience after criticism of the process following britain's got talent and the whole susan boyle fiasco.

This year is Simon cowell's last year iirc.

kiwibella Tue 04-Aug-09 19:38:18

I was going to ask if anyone knew anyone who was going in the show.

Well done to your dsis DG... look forward to your updates grin.

digitalgirl Tue 04-Aug-09 19:45:16

I was in the audience of the Bootcamp show which was at the hammersmith Apollo last Saturday. The level of talent was already so high, I've heard this year has been the most talented so far (lots of real singers entering now they've seen Leona Lewis' success).

salsmum Sat 08-Aug-09 10:34:48

I think they normally televise in Sept to have finals @ christmas...apparently there is a young man whos tipped to win who sings Westlife and he has Aspergers...GOOD LUCK to him if he can stand the pressure x

digitalgirl Mon 17-Aug-09 21:48:44

So excited!!! It's on this Saturday. Wondering if my DSis will feature in the first episode. I didn't see her in the promo for it, so hopefully they're saving her for 'later' on in the series.

Now, anyone who's watched previous series... Do they usually 'big up' contestants who make it to the lives in the earlier episodes or do they generally gloss over their earlier auditions only to bring them to the fore closer to the lives?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now