Talk

Advanced search

anyone watching that 'thin ice' programme with james cracknell and ben fogle?

(16 Posts)
tiredemma Sun 19-Jul-09 21:49:20

Im impressed- Wow!

Great programme

ButterbeerAndLemon Sun 19-Jul-09 21:51:00

Yes. There was a thread after the first programme, but that was largely about bottoms... grin

It is quite gripping at the moment.

Yes. Not usually my kind of programme but finding it very addictive, helps that it's on after Top Gear!

MilaMae Sun 19-Jul-09 22:34:46

Yes.

Enjoying it but the Cracknell bloke is a total arse.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-Jul-09 22:36:11

Can't get over how soppy Ben Fogle is. Drip.

MilaMae Sun 19-Jul-09 22:39:32

I know!!!!!!!!

I take my hat off to that poor third bloke enduring Fogle's tweeting and Cracknell's arsedom. The cold must have been a walk in the park by comparison.

smugmumofboys Sun 19-Jul-09 22:41:27

Ben Fogle cries at the drop of a hat. It is impressive though.

James Cracknell is turning out to be so pig-headed.

bookswapper Sun 19-Jul-09 22:41:43

I switched off when Fogle tried to suck the frozen bogies off his beard.

saramoon Mon 20-Jul-09 10:18:01

Yes but James is so lovely to look at don't you think? Not my kind of thing either usually but i loved this last night, can't wait til next week. Does anyone know if they make it? I'm guessing they do.

Saltire Mon 20-Jul-09 15:08:46

What I don't get is - why? Why would any sane person want to do that?

LIZS Mon 20-Jul-09 15:15:18

Why wouldn't you toughen your feet in preparation and have boots super well fitted to avoid blisters. The technology is available, budget seemingly not an issue. I find it slighlty hmm that they are "alone" against the elements etc yet constantly tailed by a bbc film crew at a discreet distance!

Tinker Tue 21-Jul-09 00:32:27

And did you think the "crevasse field" was slightly exaggerated with all those kettle drum sound effects?

LIZS Tue 21-Jul-09 09:29:42

Do they really not have any charts to suggest roughly where they might hit a crevass field. Presumably the Norwegians went around it somehow.

ButterbeerAndLemon Tue 21-Jul-09 16:05:56

They've said in interviews that the BBC crew only caught up with them "a handful" of times and that they did most of the filming themselves. (How many times constitutes "a handful"? Discuss...)

Aniyan Tue 21-Jul-09 17:06:26

I've wondered about the filming, but most of the talky bits are obviously filmed by them themselves, and all the long shots of them trudging through the snow could have been filmed during the practice bit before the race and then edited in randomly as, let's face it, one bit of grim featureless frozen landscape is pretty much like another grin

Am loving it, but loved 'Blizzard' more - 'twas on a year or so ago and re-created Scott and Amundsen's race to the pole - had Bruce Parry in it.

Highlander Wed 22-Jul-09 08:49:20

Cracknell is a wanker, which obviously makes for good TV.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now