Talk

Advanced search

Top Gear Army Vehicles - WOW!

(9 Posts)
TheOddOne Sun 12-Jul-09 21:11:39

Get them out to Afghanistan now and stop pissing about with JC!!!

But how amazing were they? The one that made a bridge FFS! And the one that looked like SirKillalot from Robotwars.

What amazing technology they were showing off (which i guess was the point of the article). Get them out there now!!!

TheOddOne Sun 12-Jul-09 22:00:12

No one else impressed with the mechanics?

wrinklytum Sun 12-Jul-09 22:06:53

Didn't see it but took ds to an "armed forces" day recently an they had 1 of their new armoured transport vehicles.The Sargeant guy who was talking to all the children was fab and said they were all to be deployed in Afghanistan ASAP folowing concerns about prev. armoured vehicles.Was interesting.

TheInvisibleManDidIt Sun 12-Jul-09 22:07:59

Tonights? Haven't watched it yet. Have it on v+ to watch with dh with dinner.

Meglet Sun 12-Jul-09 22:08:29

I missed most of it as i was faffing about in the kitchen. I'm sure it will be on Dave soon.

badgerhead Mon 13-Jul-09 10:00:56

I watched last nights, the Army bit was brilliant & those vehicles WOW! I also enjoyed the 'race' against the PO.
I always enjoy watching Top Gear as it brings back good memories for me. My late father used to be the Aerodrome Manager at Dunsfold for Hawker Siddley/British Aerospace until he retired 30 years ago & as a teenager I used to ride my pony around the airfield at the weekends when there was no flying!

madwomanintheattic Mon 13-Jul-09 10:05:17

lol at you lot. dh got stroppy from the beginning - 'why aren't they manning the 50 cal?' <obviously because they were saving it for the grand finale lol>

the bridge goes a lot faster than that. wink

he was v excited from about thursday though, and had been telling me it was going to be on.

gratuitous gravel shots and a nice bit of pr. grin

badgerhead Mon 13-Jul-09 10:08:56

Last nights was great, I loved the Army Vehicles & also enjoyed the 'race' with the PO.
I always enjoy watching Top Gear as it brings back good memories for me. My late father was the Aerodrome Manager at Dunsfold until he retired 30 years ago & I used to ride my pony around the airfield at the weekends when there was no flying!

badgerhead Mon 13-Jul-09 10:09:22

oops sorry about double post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now