Talk

Advanced search

So who's gonna win Celebrity Masterchef and does anyone care?

(25 Posts)
AnyoneForPimms Fri 10-Jul-09 11:28:30

Will be very glad when they finally come up with a winner. It seems to have gone on a bit this year grin

Sunshinemummy Fri 10-Jul-09 11:43:00

I'm really enjoying it although haven't watched this week's yet as I've Sky + them.

AnyoneForPimms Fri 10-Jul-09 11:52:55

Not really sure who will win but I have enjoyed it.

Just feel the final has gone on a bit smile

Sunshinemummy Fri 10-Jul-09 11:55:55

Well as I haven't seen this week's yet I don't know how they're doing but at the end of last week I was thinking Jane was the likely winner.

JimJammum Fri 10-Jul-09 19:32:37

Iwan for me - the development over the last couple of days has clinched it. Tired of seeing th other 2 have strops/tears compared with his more positive attitude. Just needs to "deliver" tonight.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 10-Jul-09 19:46:16

I would initially have said Wendi, but I suspect it will be Iwan as he has made the most improvement/development, whereas the other two still seem to have the same issues.

I like Jane, but I'm getting tired of her tears/inability to manage her timings!

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 10-Jul-09 19:51:48

I really like Jane - but agree she can be a tad over emotional

Wendi is clearly very good but hasn't really had a "journey" (which we all know is an essential element of any reality tv winner wink)

On that basis, I suspect it might be Iwan but would prefer it to be Jane

lynniep Fri 10-Jul-09 19:54:21

I think Iwan as he is 'golden boy' and Wendi has been really stressed about it more recently. Jane does my head in a bit.

fishie Fri 10-Jul-09 19:58:51

it'll be wendy and we'll never hear from her agin.

fishie Fri 10-Jul-09 19:59:53

oh yes it is wendi isn't. i looked at some other forum going on about it and thought they meant andi peters last year.

mosschops30 Fri 10-Jul-09 20:00:58

Has it been on tonight already? I can only see half hour at 8.30pm, surely that isnt the final?

I would like Wendi or Iwan to win, I cannot stand Jane, have never got over how awful she was in celebrity love islandm grin, shes so manipulative

chocolateshoes Fri 10-Jul-09 20:02:29

Think it'll be Wendi, hopefully not Jayne, like Iwan but prob not. Final has dragged just a bit and have watched most of it - am grrrrrrr that am going to have to share tv with DH who want to watch tea in the Park now it really is the final iykwim!!

docket Fri 10-Jul-09 20:04:06

I think Iwan will win. I've gone right off Jayne and Wendi. What did Jayne do on Celeb Love Island Mosschops?

Pinner35 Fri 10-Jul-09 20:04:38

Jane is awful and I loathe her. Iwan has certainly had the journey, but I would like Wendi to win too.

bradsmissus Fri 10-Jul-09 20:05:30

I want Iwan to win but only because I fancy him!!!! grin

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Fri 10-Jul-09 21:38:21

I'm watching it on Sky+ now. Cilla has just cut her finger and there is lots of high drama about whether she'll be able to continue. Good grief.

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Fri 10-Jul-09 22:11:26

Gosh - was that Esther Rantzen at the charity dinner? She looks fantastic.

(Every time I see Jayne Middlemiss on any sleb reality thing, she ends up sobbing. I really like her - she seems as normal as me.)

sphil Fri 10-Jul-09 22:55:50

Completely ridiculous result imo. Jayne was pretty awful at times in all the other tasks this week - and she so obviously doesn't have the technical skill needed. Iwan made pasta for the first time without making a fuss - she wept all over the chef and he helped her. Couldn't bear her negativity - 'oh, I'm so tired....this is such a strain...I can't do this...' etc.

She did cook the best meal tonight - but does that mean that the rest of the week doesn't count for anything? In which case why have I bothered to watch it all? have got NOTHING done since Wed. what with CMB followed by Torchwood.

Wendi was the most consistent and the best. But middle-aged women don't, in general, win reality shows.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 10-Jul-09 23:01:00

I think Jayne had improved the most, though - she became a technically very, very competent cook, and her presentation was massively improved. Wendi didn't really raise her game that much, and in the final even her pudding was called into question.

Iwan had learnt a lot, but his final dinner was not really that great. His pudding was very basic.

midlandsmumof4 Fri 10-Jul-09 23:17:05

I thought Iwan improved the most-he was really crap at the beginning. Wendi started off great but ended up not so. Jayne was the suprise winner imoh.

AnyoneForPimms Sat 11-Jul-09 06:36:42

Really disappointed she won.

I got so fed up with her strops and those faces she kept pulling.

Oh well over for another year smile

mrsmaidamess Sat 11-Jul-09 08:34:40

Jayne Middlemiss looked like Aunt Sally from Worzel Gummagesame blusher technique

Tillyscoutsmum Sat 11-Jul-09 08:58:44

I really like Jayne Middlemiss but even I was tearing my hair at her out on the last day of challenges (in Morrocco etc.).

It was just the same old formula - given a task, panic she can't do it, cry and make it look like its going to go horribly wrong, end up doing a pretty competent job and then proclaim how pleased and proud she is with herself. The same thing for almost every task. Really started to get annoying.

Didn't the judges go for the younger,female, more attractive contestant last year as well hmm

sphil Sat 11-Jul-09 20:26:05

Yep!

Sunshinemummy Mon 13-Jul-09 11:37:02

I like Jayne but agree re. the pasta. I wanted to slap her face, Iwan's positive attitude was lovely but he hadn't improved enough by the end. Another week and I think he might have won it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now