Talk

Advanced search

Why is there no Home and Away thread???

(36 Posts)
Sugarmagnolia Thu 09-Jul-09 16:17:44

Surely am not the only one addicted? Feel free to comment on any of the following:

Gutted that Roman is gone
Wondering if Gardy will be back
Wondering why no one in Summer Bay ever seems to be able to use contraceptive properly
Wondering why no one ever thinks it's weird that only about 10% of the kids seem to have or live with their parents
Aden - totally hot or jailbait?
Angelo - yes or no?
Belle - when is someone going to tell her she's anorexic?
Whatever happened to the shark?
When are we going to find out what really happened to Hugo on the boat and does it have anything to do with Lou's murder????

muggglewump Thu 09-Jul-09 16:20:40

I love Home And Away and never miss an episode!

Aden is sooooo hot, I really would have a gogrin

I don't know about Hugo and the shark. There's a storyline running all year involing that stuff which apparently will all be revealed at the end as the season finale (in Oz)
I know about Belle though, and Charlie and Ruby.

Sugarmagnolia Thu 09-Jul-09 16:22:43

What about Belle, Charlie & Ruby?

muggglewump Thu 09-Jul-09 18:54:10

Belle dies of cancer in a few weeks and Charlie is Ruby's Mum.

Sugarmagnolia Thu 09-Jul-09 19:02:24

Oh no - I didn't want to know that! I thought you meant something about them being too skinny. I hate spoilers - suppose I should have said. sad

BaDaBing Thu 09-Jul-09 19:05:07

Love H&A Best soap by far! shock at Belle but have to say I had suspected the Charlie and Ruby thing!

muggglewump Thu 09-Jul-09 20:36:45

Oh sorry, I thought you realised I had a spoiler.
I should have made sure first.

Sugarmagnolia Thu 09-Jul-09 20:54:18

oops. don't worry about it. I've got a friend who always looks ahead and I have to constantly remind her not to tell me what happens!

muggglewump Thu 09-Jul-09 21:22:54

I can't resist spoilers, I look them up for everythingblush

I'll make sure to warn better next time

tegan Thu 09-Jul-09 21:38:40

come on then lets have some spoilers PLEASE

Febes Thu 09-Jul-09 22:07:04

Hi mugglewump I remember you from the last H and A thread.

Love Aiden.
Gutten Roman has gone.
Is Kirsty PG in RL or is she just getting fatter??
Loving the spoilers.
Glad Martha's hair is looking better but didn't she have a breast reconstruction after her cancer. She wore a bikini and maxi dress today. Not sure that she would look like that post surgery???

noddyintoyland Thu 09-Jul-09 22:14:28

Another one who loves Home and Away. Rarely miss an episode (in fact it's set up on sky plus so I don't miss it)

Didn't know about the Belle and the charlie and ruby spoilers. I love spoilers!

Love Aden
Missing Roman

Febes Thu 09-Jul-09 22:17:53

I also sky plus H and A blush cause I have to bath DCs

Sugarmagnolia Fri 10-Jul-09 07:06:50

I liked it better when it was on at 12:30 - I work from home so I used to time my 'lunch break' to watch. Now I have to sky+ it and find time to watch it in the evening. If the kids catch me watching it they always want to watch to but sometimes there's some not so child-friendly stuff. \

Do you know something that annoys me though? For a show with so many teenagers having sex they really should be talking about contraception! Do you know i don't think I've ever heard anyone on the show use the word sex much less condom!

muggglewump Fri 10-Jul-09 11:15:06

I sometimes warch the same episode three times, particularly if there is a scene with Aden wearing no topblush

Martha annoys the hell out of me and her teeth are just scary!

slayerette Fri 10-Jul-09 18:36:18

I am another addict - and also a bit of a spoiler fiend blush

Roman - thought he had the potential to be a good character and I loved the way he took on 'parenting' Aden but the writers just didn't know what to do with him, did they - he had some poor storylines.

Aden is by far my favourite character and yes, I so would. I love it when the writers create unusual pairings of characters (i.e. not conventional relationships) and his scenes with Morag were some of my favourite ever.

Belle: way too skinny...

I knew about Ruby and Charlie - explains why Charlie's so anti Ruby and Xavier doin' the deed...

Am not a fan of Kirsty at all - her character's gone really meh since she returned; am I the only one who thinks she's gone less, not more mature since she was a teenager with Kane? Miles is way too good for her!

And oh I can't bear Martha. And the thing with the bikini is just ridiculous -there is absolutely no sign at all that she had a paper cut, never mind a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery!

Sugarmagnolia Fri 10-Jul-09 20:20:49

Ok, I do love my daily dose of H&A but watching the same episode 3 times? hmm

Totally agree with the Aden/Morag thing - that worked surprisingly well.

Had no idea about Ruby and Charlie

Not a fan of Kirsty but then I never was and I always hated Kane - something about his eyes. They're too small, I don't trust him.

Oh, and agree about Martha too - no sign of a paper cut!

I miss Robbie & whatshername...?

And did anyone catch Kim in the new Star Trek movie?

tegan Fri 10-Jul-09 20:45:31

I only commented to dh today about Kirsty;s weight gain.

Surely Charlie and Angello are going to get it on again, she is jealous as hell that he is with the new girl.

Trey is getting on my tits and his stepdad is the most irresposible parent ever.

noddyintoyland Fri 10-Jul-09 21:22:46

Robbie and Tasha supermagnolia

muggglewump Sat 11-Jul-09 00:53:53

There is nothing wrong with watching Aden with no top on three times.
I'm single Dagnammit!, I have to get my kicks somewheregrin

Martha's hair went from bald, to short do, to normal hair within about two weeks, and her bikini wearing is just ridiculous. Her bf in real life is the son of the producer (or similar) though so that explains it, and also why she keeps getting storylines.

Geoff, in real life was recently caught with a sex tape, so the storyline echoed that, though I think the storyline was probably written first.
Also Martha in real life was caught up in a strange cocaine scandal.

I do miss Roman, I can't believe they got rid of him just after he'd got together with Leah. I thought they were good together.
Saying that, I think her and Miles are made for each other, and I have no idea why they put Kirsty with him. They don't go at all.

Yes, I know I think about this too much. blush

LadyOfWaffle Sat 11-Jul-09 00:59:52

Is Jack really dead?
Miles' dodgy acting really winds me up!

muggglewump Sat 11-Jul-09 01:15:36

It was rumoured for ages that Jack wasn't dead, but those rumours seem to have died down now.
I wouldn't be suprised if he came back. It would make a good storyline too since clearly Martha and Hugo will get together and Hugo will be involved in the big thing that'll be revealed at Christmas.
Jack not being dead would add to that.

Miles isn't the best actor, not that anyone on H&A is, but he is particulatly bad. I always though Jai was, but I actually laughed at him spitting out his drink when he saw the Trey and Nicole video and he's grown on me recently.

Oh, I do love how Irene went back to drinking and then was cured in a week.
The realism astounds megrin
Also how they are pretending it's hot in Australia right now.
I lived there for two years, it's bloody freezing and you'd be wearing long bottoms and top, definitely a coat and wishing you had central heating.

not running round in a bikini or going to the beach.

It makes me laugh that Australians watch it, even people in Sydney!

Sugarmagnolia Sat 11-Jul-09 07:46:27

Robbie and Tasha, that's it. I liked them.

How could Jack NOT be dead - Martha sat with his dead body for like 12 hours! Surely she would have noticed.

Ok, Miles' acting is shite but I still like him better than Hugo. He's so sulky. Kirsty's gotta go, don't know why they ever brought her back.

Rachel really annoys me these days.

belledejour Sat 11-Jul-09 10:50:43

I love H&A, it's my deepest darkest secret. I always sky+ it and then binge on a Fri night watching 5 episodes on the trot. Used to love it when they did a weekend omnibus...would recline upon sofa drinking endless cups of tea & glued to summer bay.

Personally I think Aden looks like a chimpanzee and his 'surfer dude' highlights are revolting. He & Belle are tedious esp the constant snogging followed by ridiculous row over one sock on floor (honestly!) – so hate that storyline. Am also over Nicole flouncing round and making that annoying pouty face where she sticks her top lip out and looks like a duck. Geoff and Annie and Jai also dull as ditchwater & Jai can't act for toffee.

We haven't seen Leah for ages...what's happening with her? And I agree about Kirsty – she's always huffing and puffing and flouncing round in the background. Give her a proper storyline for gawd's sake!

What annoys me is how they start up storylines then they drop off the side of the planet e.g. Leah and Roman getting together, Charlie being a lesbian.

Martha's big horsey grin annoys the crap out of me too...

My ex nanny is a Kiwi and they are 2wks ahead so she often emails me spoilers. There is definitely some big plot denouement up ahead...tying together the shark storyline, Hugo, and that weird bloke that Geoff & Nicole met on the 'desert island' they were camping on.

Sugarmagnolia Sat 11-Jul-09 12:56:10

So if everyone in H&A is soooooo annoying, what exactly do you like about then? wink

Actually happen to agree with you on most points and still watch it anyway - Quite like Xavier & Ruby. Nicole's pout v. annoying and finding Claudia really dull.

See what I mean about contraceptives/sex though???!! The conversation between Xavier & Hugo - well just be “safe” then. Duh, uh ok. FFS, if they are going to have a show with a bunch of teenagers having sex I would really like someone to use the word CONDOM for once!

Sorry, rant over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now