Talk

Advanced search

GETTING ON BBC 4

(19 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Thu 09-Jul-09 14:02:47

Anyone see it last night ? I am going to like this a lot....

PuppyMonkey Thu 09-Jul-09 15:08:10

I did! I thought it was soooooo brilliant. Best thing on the telly for ages.

All that stuff about the turd!!!! grin

And when the dead lady's sister came in just as they were pigging out on the cake. grin

Blood fantastic programme! Seemed so true to life - not that I've ever worked in a hospital.

tullytwo Thu 09-Jul-09 15:13:08

It was fantastic-had been waiting for it to come on after reading an interview with Jo Brand @ it but it was even better than I had hoped.

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 09-Jul-09 15:52:41

it's faeces !

southeastastra Thu 09-Jul-09 19:11:41

was very good wasn't it! subtle but made me lmao loads. loved the dr

Milliways Thu 09-Jul-09 19:12:49

DS refused to go to bed once he saw the first few mins. We all loved it here

mrsmaidamess Thu 09-Jul-09 19:37:50

Made me laugh like a drain several times. Jo Brand was great, actually they all were. I might watch it again on iplayer.

giddykipper Thu 09-Jul-09 19:40:36

Very very good

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Thu 09-Jul-09 21:50:50

I think Jo Brand did the nurse who is a glorified dogs body very well. Her face was a picture at times and when she offered the consultant her stools for her research was priceless. Then the consultant asking for the colour analysis and jo said "brown"! She seemed to be the only member of staff with any sense and actually spoke to the patients. Maybe she was meant to be an auxialiary then as general nurses too busy.

NorbertDentressangle Thu 09-Jul-09 21:53:32

I also thought it was very funny.

I love Jo Brand.

sunfleurs Wed 15-Jul-09 15:24:45

I sky + this and watched it this morning. So, so funny, I was just giggling quietly to myself throughout the whole thing and it takes ALOT to make me laugh.

The bit where they are discussing sedating the asian woman for just talking was just so funny, I am laughing to myself now typing this.

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 15-Jul-09 18:48:08

on tonight !!

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 15-Jul-09 19:00:25

It was really good ... the 'sad' thing is that JB was a nurse - perhaps it is drawing from her experiences ???

TsarChasm Wed 15-Jul-09 19:06:22

I thought it was good too - well JB. Did she write this?

I was just flipping channels and caught it - I didn't fancy it from the write up. But yes it's good in a dark way.

Even the colour is bled out of the filming it to give it a grim look.

I liked it when they were translator was on the phone.

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 15-Jul-09 20:21:17

yes, she and the woman who plays the sister and the doctor wrote it

browntrout Wed 15-Jul-09 20:58:19

is Jo Brand's character called Kim Wilde? Very funny

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 16-Jul-09 08:56:23

yes !

GrinnyPig Thu 16-Jul-09 09:02:19

I came across this by accident and thought it was very funny. Have now sky+ it. I thought some bits were worryingly true to life.

southeastastra Thu 23-Jul-09 20:27:33

this is getting better and better, well done for jo brand for showing off all her glorious eye bags too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now