Talk

Advanced search

Torchwood - are your kids watching?

(15 Posts)
jodee Wed 08-Jul-09 23:26:17

DS is 9.5, HUGE Dr Who fan, and hopping mad that I won't let him see this, he says his friend at school has. I've put my foot down, especially after tonight's episode (I definitely think he would have nightmares about being taken away).

LovelyDear Wed 08-Jul-09 23:27:35

i agree. our 9.5 year old huge dr who fan doesn't know it's on... not sure how we've managed to keep it from him. he'd probably be ok but i just don't think he should see it yet. i, however, LOVE it.

Tortoise Wed 08-Jul-09 23:33:59

My 12 yr old has been watching it but i won't let my 9yr old.

UnquietDad Wed 08-Jul-09 23:40:04

No way - ours are 9 and 6 and are aware it exists, but they know anything on after 9pm is off limits.

anniemac Thu 09-Jul-09 11:49:26

Message withdrawn

bruffin Thu 09-Jul-09 12:02:16

ds 13 and DD 11 watched it.

LovelyDear Thu 09-Jul-09 23:10:35

my cover was blown just now - i'm turning into the mum from about a boy. i was driving home from cubs when ds's friend said - hey, you know the bit in torchwood when... and ds had to quickly pretend he knew what it was about sad. but he did admit that i don't let him watch it, and protested a lot that Even XXX is allowed to watch it. I just had to say, no, not appropriate, sorry.

TrinityRhino Thu 09-Jul-09 23:15:14

no way
she isn't up that late
she would have awful nightmares
she is 9

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 10-Jul-09 11:19:06

No chance!

We said ds1 can watch it on DVD when he's 13, dh said maybe 16 LOL

DaisymooSteiner Fri 10-Jul-09 11:22:48

Absolutely not (9, 7, 6 and 3). I've told them they can get the DVDs out when they're 18 grin

UnquietDad Fri 10-Jul-09 11:27:40

Interesting - DW and I were discussing that the "adult" themes in this make it impossible to cut for pre-watershed as series 2 was.

Just shows how little the "adult" stuff in series 2 (blood and sexual refs really) had little to do with the plot, whereas here they are totally integral - could not possibly be excised.

I think children would find the "hybrid" disturbing, but I'm reminded that we had one in the Eccleston Dalek story - remember? - the girl who had been plugged into the machine since she was 5.

Dontpanic Fri 10-Jul-09 13:31:28

Our 16mth old likes the music

PandaG Fri 10-Jul-09 13:37:48

No way - both DC like Dr Who, but at 9 and 7 will not be allowed to watch Torchwood for a long time yet. THey do know it exists though.

Think I agree with you UD. I didn't watch the edited versions of the last series - I wouldn't allow the DC to watch those either!

PrincessLayer Fri 10-Jul-09 13:52:13

I've said no. Eldest is nearly 10 and says that loads in her class have seen it but my foot has remained firmly down.

My objection is more the sexual references than the violence. I don't think my daughter is ready for naked John Barrowman just yet!
(I, however am always ready for naked John Barrowman grin)

UnquietDad Sat 11-Jul-09 16:52:26

Just realised my above post makes no sense: should say 'how little the "adult" stuff in series 2 (blood and sexual refs really) had to do with the plot...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now