Talk

Advanced search

Mock The Week - new series starting Thursday 9pm. Yay!

(22 Posts)
Mintyy Wed 08-Jul-09 14:41:20

If you watch you might get a little peekaboo glimpse of me, Mintyy, as an added bonus grin.

Rhubarb Wed 08-Jul-09 14:42:01

Oh cool!

Mintyy Wed 08-Jul-09 14:44:43

Dara's lost a ton of weight.

lilibet Wed 08-Jul-09 14:46:08

We got ds1 tickets to see Russell Howard in Liverpool on Sunday for hsi birthday.

I now wish we had got them for us too, I'm envy

Rhubarb Wed 08-Jul-09 14:47:08

Wave or something, or have they filmed it already?

PinkPussyCat Wed 08-Jul-09 14:47:38

Delighted to hear this is coming back on, I have really missed my weekly dose of KK and Fritzl jokesgrin

Mintyy Wed 08-Jul-09 14:51:01

Filmed last night. I was only in the audience! - not connected with the programme in any way.

That Scottish one with the glasses - he has the sickest sense of humour. But sometimes very funny grin. I imagine they can only use about 10% of what he comes out with.

YanknCock Wed 08-Jul-09 14:54:33

Ooooh, I love that filthy Frankie Boyle!

Thanks for the reminder, I think I've seen every repeat a billion times on Dave.

Rhubarb Wed 08-Jul-09 14:56:18

I love Frankie Boyle too, but I got his DVD once and it wasn't as good as I thought. He mainly just tore apart members of the audience; "You're a banker? Have you thought about killing yourself?"

Some of the jokes were a bit too sick, even for dh and I.

HarleyQuinn Wed 08-Jul-09 16:01:12

I love mock the week! Dara's dvds are much better than Frankie's smile

ShowOfHands Wed 08-Jul-09 16:05:12

Oh brill.

Russell Howard's dvd is excellent. Would love to see him live.

Frankie Boyle is becoming a caricature.

Poledra Thu 09-Jul-09 13:57:13

I love this show. There are a couple of people who've been on it who're a little weak (can't think of their name sthough) but the rest are hilarious.

Frankie Boyle can be hilarious but he does sometimes go over the edge.

<Pol frowns worriedly, as she has sometimes been accused of being a female version of Frankie>

Frasersmum123 Fri 10-Jul-09 11:04:02

I watched it last night and I love Frankie Boyle! Dara has lost loads of weight, as has Gina Yashere - she is so slim now!

I like Mock the Week, but the scoring system is a bit hmm

Love Frankie Boyle too

FigmentOfYourImagination Fri 10-Jul-09 11:06:22

I was really disappointed actually.

It's a sad day when I laugh at ONE joke in the whole 30mins and it was made by Russell, one of the least funny ones imo. They need to get rid of that irritating little bald one too.

FigmentOfYourImagination Fri 10-Jul-09 11:08:39

Went to see Frankie end of last year in Oxford. Was expecting to find him really funny, I like his dry, sick SOH, but he wasn't funny and most of his material was stuff he'd already used on MTW.

Then we went to see Rhod Gilbert in Cheltenham in Feb of this year and he was bloody hilarious. Love him. Also have a mild crush.

Poledra Fri 10-Jul-09 11:08:58

Missed it - bloody children, how dare they be poorly??

Frasersmum123 Fri 10-Jul-09 11:35:04

You can get it on Iplayer Poledra

Mintyy Fri 10-Jul-09 14:42:16

But they did not use the funniest bit they filmed which was Hugh Dennis doing a commentary over some news footage (featuring Gordy Brown). It was truly hilarious, but they didn't show any of it sad.

I love the little bald one. Is that Andy Parsons? How is he irritating?

Rhubarb Fri 10-Jul-09 14:43:58

I heard your laugh Mintyy!

Frasersmum123 Fri 10-Jul-09 16:24:21

Andy Parsons does have an annoying voice, but he is funny!

Mintyy Fri 10-Jul-09 18:14:34

I laughed so much at the Hugh Dennis bit I very nearly pmsl Rhub. Criminal that it wasn't on, criminal.

Could quite fancy Dara now that he's no longer a bloater [shallow].

gallusbesom Sat 11-Jul-09 22:42:18

I found Frankie Boyle's DVD to be a bit of a rehash of loads of stuff he already used on MTW. Also the joke he told about Susan Boyle being like Gordon Brown dressed up as Mrs Doubtfire he used in his Daily Record column - which he was sacked from cos of the article he wrote about MJ - v. funny and close to the bone but he sent it round to everyone on his mailing list so most people read it anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now