Talk

Advanced search

EE... Where are the bloody KIDS????

(8 Posts)
Haribosmummy Sat 04-Jul-09 21:28:25

I don't watch EE that much, but caught an episode last night... when Tanya and Roxy were nattering in the square, then messing about with hair and make up and then ROxy was trying it on with Jack...

So, where is Tanya's baby Oscar and Roxy's baby Amy(?)

I have a 14 month old son and he is bloody CONSTANTLY welded to my side!!!!! grin

princessmel Sun 05-Jul-09 09:44:38

Dh and I said exactly the same thing!!

shinyshoes Sun 05-Jul-09 09:48:41

at Dot's house probably grin

MrsMattie Sun 05-Jul-09 09:55:01

We've had a thread about this a while back. It's baffling, isn't it?

No mention of a childminder or nursery for the babies, yet they are often nowhere to be seen, with the occasional casual reference made to the fact that they've been dumped at Nana Pat's or Grandma Dot's (or are 'asleep upstairs' - what? All day?).

Never sight of a buggy or all the kiddy-related clutter you'd expect, either.

inscotland Sun 05-Jul-09 10:05:25

Or they wander about with a car seat draped over their arm like it weighs nothing!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-Jul-09 17:26:58

dawn often mentions that summer is at the nursery

and this is at night time grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 17:30:00

In TV land they have invisible children that don't need:
Bathing
Feeding
Changing
Taking to school
Taking to the doctors
Have eye tests
Buy clothes
They pop out, then vanish until they are older and useful for a story line.

Haribosmummy Sun 05-Jul-09 19:14:21

I'm glad I'm not the only one (sorry, I didn't realise there was another thread about it! blush)

It just really bugged me, because it's just SOOOO far from reality of what having a child is really like. And I'm sure there are more than a couple of girls out there thinking: Oh, I'd love a baby (and still be able to go out to dinner / shag lots of men / have my hair and make up done / run a business without ever having a baby strapped to you!!)

Sorry, I'm 37Weeks PG right now and have a 1YO (who is NOT walking and therefore needs to be carried everywhere) so just feeling a bit hormonal / emotional about it right now...

<<<<HM drifts back into lovely daydream of having hair and makeup done by someone other than her 1YO>>>>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now