Talk

Advanced search

Stop press....Maria's baby first to be born without umbilical cord!!

(12 Posts)
Bomper Sat 04-Jul-09 20:50:34

either that or the longest one on record considering how high Tony lifted him just after he was born!

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 04-Jul-09 21:12:40

Have to say not impressed with the birth at all!

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 04-Jul-09 21:15:46

<snort>

Bomper Sat 04-Jul-09 21:16:13

Whenever there is a birth on a soap dh says 'Oh here we go, cue Bomper moaning about how unrealistic it is'!! Sad, I know, but I can't help myself.

JeMenFous Sat 04-Jul-09 21:16:34

I'm with you on that Bomper, there was definately no cord - I am glad I wasn't the only one to notice grin

RoseBlossoms Sat 04-Jul-09 21:24:50

Crock of shit, all of it! the ambulance is always 2mins too late isnt it! Plus after she was carted to hospital she was admitted into a lovely private room, after having such a quick easy birth, wouldnt she have been sent home after being checked over?

bomper i cant help myself either my dp went up stairs as soon as it started last night!

This is why people have such an unrealistic view of child birth.

> rant over sorry<!

PortAndLemon Sun 05-Jul-09 14:38:59

I have no idea which program you are talking about, but if the baby was born without an umbilical cord they probably would keep them in rather than send them home. You see, it all makes perfect sense...

milou2 Sun 05-Jul-09 15:13:18

!!

I'm guessing no placenta either.

purepurple Sun 05-Jul-09 15:16:31

lol
do any of you remember daphne from Neighbours?
She gave birth with her tights and knickers still on hmm

verygreenlawn Sun 05-Jul-09 20:58:15

Oh great birth wasn't it? I noticed the lack of cord too, the baby was being lifted higher and higher until I thought the cord was going to PING it back down to earth. I also loved the conveniently placed shelter complete with rugs for Maria to give birth on. Cute baby though smile

I'd like to have my next baby at Maria's hospital - all snug and warm and clean, and a private room too.

Yes I remember Daphne's incredible through-the-tights-birth - although there was that woman recently who gave birth down one leg of her jogging bottoms!

georgepig Mon 06-Jul-09 13:15:14

Just to hijack thread for a mo, how is this all going to come out with Tony and Maria because she HAS to find out that he killed Liam etc so when does that happen - i imagine it being the big christmas storyline!

Do they get together before she finds out?

JBS75 Mon 06-Jul-09 23:19:19

God, I hope they don't drag it out til Xmas!! I am sick of that tosser and can't wait for him to leave...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now