Talk

Advanced search

Corrie - anyone else think the Kevin/Molly storyline is daft?

(28 Posts)
Nancy66 Sat 27-Jun-09 14:26:34

I thought the Becky/Steve one was really unbelievable too but this one is ridiculous.

Kev's huge lust for Molly comes from nowhere and she's turned from being outraged to being up for it in 24 hours!

KingRolo Sat 27-Jun-09 14:34:49

It's barmy.

I only watch for the bits with Blanche.

5inthebed Sat 27-Jun-09 22:29:30

It's just not right is it. I nearly vomitted when Kevin said "I want to jump your bones" to her on Wednesday.

simpson Sat 27-Jun-09 22:53:49

kingrolo - I think Blanche is fab too and Eileen smile

Think story lines gone to pot recently.

have they employed new writers or something??

Steve leaving Michelle (supposed love of his life) for Becky shock hmm

Oh and like Norris while I am thinking of fab characters.

Oh and Ken barlow's son <forget name> was an alcoholic almost overnight and burning house down and nearly killing son.

simpson Sat 27-Jun-09 22:54:55

Ok you have got me started now blush

ken and washername on the boat...I mean really!! As if!!

dietstartstomorrow Sun 28-Jun-09 00:05:53

I agree, hate this storyline.

It's soooo cringy - Molly acting all disgusted while totally flirting - yuk!

Nancy66 Sun 28-Jun-09 10:42:51

...maria going from being convinced that Tony killed her husband to being his best mate and moving him in!

KingRolo Sun 28-Jun-09 10:57:53

Tony is going to deliver Maria's baby in a beach hut on an isolated beach. Apparently.

Does anyone in soapland just go to hospital at 40 weeks and have a baby in a straightforward manner?

simpson Sun 28-Jun-09 11:47:44

Kingrolo - yes I read that.

As if anyone 40wks pg would go out to a beach with no phone signal hmm

When I was 40wks pg with DD I didn't even want to go to the corner shop. blush

Nancy66 Sun 28-Jun-09 12:51:11

it's the law in soapland:

every pregnant woman has a dramatic labour

affair within first year of marriage

everyone has a long lost relative that reappears

they all have low paid jobs yet all eat and drink out every day and get cabs everywhere

....any others?

simpson Sun 28-Jun-09 19:17:50

pub every night but never seem to need baby sitters

Seem to cram loads of people into 2/3 bed terrace house a la Grimshaw/Barlow.

Nancy66 Sun 28-Jun-09 19:32:22

oh yes at one time eileen had:

herself
Jason
Todd
Violet
sean

LyraSilvertongue Sun 28-Jun-09 19:37:41

And nobody commutes to work. They all work in the same street they live in.

KingRolo Sun 28-Jun-09 20:16:57

The Grimshaws and Barlows use their 'front' room as a bedroom I think and the dining room doubles as a lounge, making them 3 / 4 bed houses.

Yes, I know I'm giving this too much thought...

grin

5inthebed Sun 28-Jun-09 20:44:29

There is a bus driver on one of my local routes, and he is the spitting double of Norris. He is even as arsey as him hmm

coolma Sun 28-Jun-09 21:04:54

stop it, stop it!! Sobbing now with grief that you all don't understand that it's real snivel...

Nancy66 Sun 28-Jun-09 21:22:32

they never shag anyone that lives more than 20 feet away.

bitofadramaqueen Mon 29-Jun-09 17:02:34

What about the Rovers? Not so long ago it had Steve and Michelle, Amy, Ryan, liz and Vern. Then it miracously got a new living room and kitchen in addition to the 'back room' and kitchen.

coolma Mon 29-Jun-09 21:12:16

so, they had an extension when they weren't on telly.

releasethehounds Mon 29-Jun-09 21:19:32

More soap rules - a couple of weeks after a baby is born they disappear and life carries on for new parents pretty much as before (just like real life eh?). Then baby returns as a 5 year old child one day and nobody seems to notice they've been missing!

KingRolo Tue 30-Jun-09 10:57:02

Like when Tracy went to play her tapes in her room and came back 5 years later as a teenager.

(As an aside, the actress who played Tracy in those days is a DJ now and her set is called 'Tracy's Tapes'!)

midlandsmumof4 Wed 01-Jul-09 00:25:20

It's only fiction as my OH is so fond of saying but how many affairs/relationships can go on with people who live in the same street fgs? shock. Most of the residents of Corrie have had affairs with each other over the years and still remained friends grin. We've lived in the same house for 20 odd years. Some of our neighbours have been here as long as we've seldom been into their houses let alone jumped into bed with 'em.

KingRolo Wed 01-Jul-09 10:00:02

Peter Barlowe sleeps with all his employees in the bookies.

BettyTurnip Sat 04-Jul-09 01:29:05

Jason and Tina are very beautiful individuals but look so much like brother and sister that they make a very weird couple.

midlandsmumof4 Sat 04-Jul-09 02:13:22

Agree-cue the banjo music grin. Although considering they come from somewhere near Manchester, most of the young Corrie cast have a VERY weird colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now