Talk

Advanced search

shumacher?? really???

(39 Posts)
frasersmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 20:49:02

what do we reckon... ???

was shumacher drafted in as the the stig for one night only??

inscotland Sun 21-Jun-09 20:50:23

Thanks for the spoiler in your heading!!!

No need to watch sky + now!

kid Sun 21-Jun-09 20:54:42

He isn't the real stig, according to DH. I don't even watch it and don't care either way lol

NorbertDentressangle Sun 21-Jun-09 20:54:50

Theres no way hes been the Stig throughout.

I've seen threads on here where there have been links to various sites that have named who it was ( a "non-celebrity" but professional IYSWIM).

I think the whole "Who is Stig?" thing became bigger than they ever imagined it would be so they drafted Schumacher in in this particular instance and "implied" it was him all along (therefore avoiding the entire viewing audience going "Whoooo?" if the longrunning Stig was revealed)

frasersmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 20:55:16

Sorry.... never thought others might be catching up later ...

EccentricaGallumbits Sun 21-Jun-09 20:56:03

nah. just an excuse to intervies him. isn't his face squewiff?

FlappyTheBat Sun 21-Jun-09 20:57:01

I think Shumacher was only there for one night, I don't think TG will ever reveal the Stig's real identity - they sacked the original Stig when he revealed his identity in a book.

theDreadPirateRoberts Sun 21-Jun-09 20:58:32

He's not the Stig. Different shape, different walk...

I'm betting on Stig being one of the safety car drivers, or something like that. Those guys must be amazing drivers...

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Sun 21-Jun-09 21:02:31

No, he was probably the only person Ferrari would let near their car so they drafted him in for the week.

Saltire Sun 21-Jun-09 21:04:07

I've never noticed this before but there's something rather hhhhmmmmmmmmmm about Schumacher!blush

I think the Stig thing did become bigger than they thought. Dh says he saw The Stig on a bus (or possibly a train) oncehmm. In London.I'm not entirely convinced I belive him.
Definately drafted in for just one night though

Meglet Sun 21-Jun-09 21:04:16

wikipedia has got a page on the stig. My money is on it being a handful of different drivers (possibly ex F1) who are about the same size / build.

Saltire Sun 21-Jun-09 21:05:06

Stig as Stig I mean, obviously, in his white suit and helemt. On the train. Or bus.

FlappyTheBat Sun 21-Jun-09 21:05:19

Definitely not the Stig grin

Hulababy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:05:28

Don't think it is really The Stig at all.

poorbuthappy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:06:07

Deffo not!

FlappyTheBat Sun 21-Jun-09 21:07:16

Your Dh probably did see him, a few years ago they did a race from the outskirts of London to the centre using the Thames river boat, the tube and cycling.

Stig was on public transport.

KirstyJC Sun 21-Jun-09 21:07:35

God, now we're all confused! My DH and I were convinced it was Schumy, 'cos the build, body and posture etc all fit. Now we can't work out if it is true or not....he can't have done it when with Ferrari, surely? Would they have let him??

The end of the show left the question - was it really him? hmm

Haribosmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:07:46

He's not The Stig

But it was a bloody good idea to draft him in!!

The whole 'Who is the stig?' is such a topic now... which is cool!

I think Shuuie is GREAT

Meglet Sun 21-Jun-09 21:07:55

saltire top gear did a race across london once and the stig got the short straw and had to take public transport. I expect thats what your dh saw.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 21-Jun-09 21:09:42

Saltire they did do a challenge that he had to get to London City airport by public trnasport, Jeremy went by boat, James by car and Richard by bike, so he may well have done.

mistlethrush Sun 21-Jun-09 21:09:46

dh's input is 'of course, they have several stigs...' ???

Saltire Sun 21-Jun-09 21:10:45

SO he didn't make it up then! I thought it was one of those stories for the pub kind of thing you know "Oh i sat 2 seats down from The Stig on a bus".hmm.

I think it was a fab idea how they did it though, it did cross my mind that they were going to reveal Hamilton or Button or somoen but then I remembered there was a Grand Prix on today.

FlappyTheBat Sun 21-Jun-09 21:11:02

great x post meglet grin

frasersmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:29:53

it was funny though!! and completely unexpected

FlappyTheBat Sun 21-Jun-09 21:33:12

I love top gear but it's only on for 7 weeks, have set up series record so can watch it again.

Have I just really admitted that?blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now