Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching Hotel Babylon?

(24 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Fri 19-Jun-09 21:43:57

a) wheres Max Beesley
b) Was that really Abi Titmuss as a nun and Handy Handy??

NorbertDentressangle Fri 19-Jun-09 21:44:30

oops, I mean Handy Andy blush

AngeChica Fri 19-Jun-09 21:47:23

he's being replaced by Dennis Watts.

elliepac Fri 19-Jun-09 21:48:37

I am and yes it was handy andy..didn't realise it was abit titmuss.

Isn't Nigel Harman just divine.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 19-Jun-09 21:51:35

Thanks. I'm not imagining it then.

As I'm MNing at the same time I just heard a voice, looked up and briefly saw who I thought was Handy Andy but couldn't quite believe it!

nancy75 Fri 19-Jun-09 22:02:43

watched this for the first and last time tonight. i honestly think this is the worst thing i have ever seen on the telly

JackieNo Fri 19-Jun-09 22:10:13

It's been great in past series, but I reckon a series is getting past its sell-by date when it starts having to have song and dance sequences in it (wasn't that the death knell for Moonlighting?).

Portofino Fri 19-Jun-09 22:14:39

God - it was mostly dire (yet with the odd humorous moment). I was really disappointed! I know it was never exactly quality drama, but it did the job as pure, mindless entertainment. Sadly it seems to have got a bit silly!

It seems to have got away from the original premise of the "babylon" books ie you wouldn't believe it but this stuff really goes on - into some surreal figment of someone's imagination....

NorbertDentressangle Fri 19-Jun-09 22:18:13

I agree that its gone downhill massively.

The first series was great IIRC.

I also quite liked watching it as I found Max beesley strangely attractive blush. I'm not attracted to Nigel Harman in the same way so I don't think I'll be watching next week

bluebump Sat 20-Jun-09 09:43:55

And Ben Fogle had a cameo at the start.

Oh I do love Nigel Harman but he seemed such a rubbish actor in that last night. It has really gone downhill.

MaggieTulliver Sat 20-Jun-09 13:47:14

I've watched all the previous series and have enjoyed them. Last night was a disappointment but you could see it was a slapdash way of introducing the new characters.

Hopefully it will improve.

tegan Sat 20-Jun-09 13:55:54

I have watched every episode until Max Beasley left but last night i was intrigued as to how nigel harmon would fit in and i think it worked quite well, i am confused though as to the father of Anna's baby and i guess Tania will be a bigger character this time around too.

MaggieBeau Sat 20-Jun-09 14:05:50

Oh is it back on/? how did i not know that.

SoupDragon Sat 20-Jun-09 14:07:00

Oh, I love this programme. Even though I think I've missed about 50% of each series! I'll have to watch it on catch-up TV.

Biglips Sat 20-Jun-09 14:08:25

hmmm def gonna watch it now as Dennis Harman is in it <<<<swoon!>>>

MaggieBeau Sat 20-Jun-09 14:51:28

Yes he was gore juss.... (Max from hart to hart voice)

MamaG Sat 20-Jun-09 15:18:45

I have never watched it and I was SO gutted not to watch it as I love Nigel Harman soooo much.

I couldn't say to DH "I know I've never watched HB before, but since Nigel Harman is in it I want to now" could I?

<throb>

MaggieBeau Sat 20-Jun-09 15:21:08

Tell him you want to see IF abbey titmuss can act snigger. He'll say, yeah, let's see.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 20-Jun-09 15:21:17

I must have missed Ben Fogle's appearance.

Do you get the idea that there will be lots of random people popping up over the series? I mean thats 3 in the first episode.

Biglips Sat 20-Jun-09 18:07:10

oops! Nigel harman grin grin

MamaG Wed 24-Jun-09 10:35:07

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread.

I saw it my "Threads I'm on" late last night and then when to bed and was rewarded with a lovely dream about Mr Harman grin

<tries to go back to sleep>

Nahui Wed 24-Jun-09 11:33:51

Message withdrawn

BarrelOfMonkeys Fri 03-Jul-09 22:58:10

It was... meh. And thingy-wotsit that gave birth, was super-skinny again literally minutes after giving birth. envy

KittyBigglesworth Sat 04-Jul-09 08:52:58

It is mindless, but has a fast moving storyline and some good lines so I'll happily watch a bit of brain bubblegum.

Gosh, Honor Blackman looks fantastic for 84 years old! Apart from the fact that she's most likely to have had work done, she still has great bone structure and looks very fit and healthy.

I really enjoy seeing older women still being vibrant and alluring at that age - it gives me hope for the next 50 years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now